Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Original Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre Boxes and Ribbon?

Article about: I recently purchased a WW2 German 25 year long service medal. The medal did not include the ribbon, or box, so I am looking to purchase those items separately. I found these 2 boxes online,

Default Original Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre Boxes and Ribbon?

I recently purchased a WW2 German 25 year long service medal. The medal did not include the ribbon, or box, so I am looking to purchase those items separately. I found these 2 boxes online, they appear original to me, but I honestly know very little as I'm a pretty novice collector Does anyone know if these boxes are genuine, original boxes for the long service medal?

Original Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre Boxes and Ribbon?Original Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre Boxes and Ribbon?Original Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre Boxes and Ribbon?Original Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre Boxes and Ribbon?

I'm also looking to purchase a ribbon for the medal. I believe this ribbon is for the Wehrmacht long service award, but its selling for relatively cheap. It looks new to me, but I again know very little about ribbons and how to tell which are original. Any advice/info is much appreciated!

Last edited by rbminis; 05-21-2017 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre Boxes and Ribbon?
    P
    Many

The box is original and correct for this decoration, but personally, I wouldn't buy this one as it is badly damaged. It's not hard to find one in good condition (or even a boxed award).

There's no difference between the ribbon for the Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht and the Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen: The same cornflower-blue ribbon was used for a number of different long service awards.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The box is original and correct for this decoration, but personally, I wouldn't buy this one as it is badly damaged. It's not hard to find one in good condition (or even a boxed award).

There's no difference between the ribbon for the Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht and the Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen: The same cornflower-blue ribbon was used for a number of different long service awards.
    Thanks for the info! I know its not a rare award, or box, yet I rarely ever find them do you think the ribbon is original? If there's even a way to tell from a picture haha. I know very little about ribbons, but it looks new to me.

Quote by chbingle View Post
    Thanks for the info! I know its not a rare award, or box, yet I rarely ever find them do you think the ribbon is original? If there's even a way to tell from a picture haha. I know very little about ribbons, but it looks new to me.
    Correct, the ribbon is a repro.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Correct, the ribbon is a repro.

Regards, Ned.
    Alright cool, thought so. Any good way to tell besides just seeing how new it looks haha?

Quote by chbingle View Post
    Alright cool, thought so. Any good way to tell besides just seeing how new it looks haha?
    The way the ribbon is woven is a good start. The horizontal thread is called the 'weft' and has prominent loops at the edge of the war time period ribbon, whereas the later post war ribbon does not. The vertical thread is called the 'warp' and is often 'tighter' than that on the period ribbons. Here's some examples of EK II ribbon so you get the idea.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

That helps a bunch, thanks!!

Please read and remember.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I agree.. There are better examples to be found with the award.. Fairly cheap.. The detail is from where it is shipped from / postage !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre Boxes and Ribbon?   Original Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25 Jahre Boxes and Ribbon?  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "