Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Ost Medaille & HJ sports Pin

Article about: Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Ost Medaille & HJ sports Pin

Hello again. I bought these two items yesterday in my local antique / junk store.

The Hitler Jugend sports award pin was issued to HJ who excelled in the annual sports competition events and could then be worn throughout that year. There are pins for 1937 - 1939 as well.

Now, I am fairly sure that the Ost Medaille here is the real thing. It appears to be the Zinc version of the award. I am however not 100% sure about the little raised spots on the back. Almost looks like it was cast, but on the whole the medal looks, to my amateur eye, genuine. I would be pleased to read your more expert views on it though. Thank you.

There was no provenance about the origins of these awards, but more than likely many HJ who acquired the sport pins would have in just a few short years go on to acquire the Ost Medaille as well.

Attachment 776305Attachment 776306Attachment 776307Attachment 776308Attachment 776309

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ost Medaille & HJ sports Pin
    P
    Many

Both nice original items

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thank you for the thumbs up.

By the way, I should also mention that the Ost Medaille is unmarked; no number on the ribbon ring.

Original Ostmedal.

both good.