Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Ostmedaille Help

Article about: Firstly sorry if i’m posting in the wrong place - still finding my way around this site but everyone has been very welcoming! I am a young collector and this is the second medal i have purch

?

Default Ostmedaille Help

Firstly sorry if i’m posting in the wrong place - still finding my way around this site but everyone has been very welcoming!

I am a young collector and this is the second medal i have purchased, from Phoenix Militaria in London - Ivor was nice enough to let me photograph a few of his items and we had a nice chat,

But i have my reservations about the Ostmedaille i purchased
    can anyone help ? i’m assuming it is not zinc because there are no bubbles present.
    The surface looks sort of strange and scratched ?

Any help much appreciated, i know it is a very common medal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ostmedaille Help   Ostmedaille Help  

Ostmedaille Help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ostmedaille Help
    P
    Many

Hello

All Ostmedaillen are Zink as far as I know. They dont all have bubbles though.

These pictures are quite bad, always very hard to see when the flash glares of the medal.
    Clear daylight pictures without flash would help.
    If I would see these pictures only I would not buy it, looks a little like a repro with this light.

But the overall shape and writing on the back of it does look like a Deumer. So it could be a good Deumer but suffers from really bad pics.
    Yet again I would not buy just from these pictures

?

Default Thank You

Thanks very much for the input - i've tried my best to get rid of the glare given my bad camera
    These might be slightly more helpful?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ostmedaille Help   Ostmedaille Help  

Hello yes they are better.

Well the back side is like a Deumer, like the letters in 1941/42 are not in a line, and more.
    These awards are not so heavily faked, but there is something I dont like about this one, just rubs me the wrong way.

Its prob fine, but I would not buy it, there are so many fine / clear ones around