Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ostmedaille - marked or no?

Article about: I have looked at this from every which way till Sunday, and can't decide if this is a maker mark, a ding or just a figment of my imagination. Anyone have any comments, they are certainly wel

Default Ostmedaille - marked or no?

I have looked at this from every which way till Sunday, and can't decide if this is a maker mark, a ding or just a figment of my imagination. Anyone have any comments, they are certainly welcome. It was purchased as unmarked. To me it looks like it could be a 7, maybe a 1, or just a mark in the metal. There are no corresponding marks on the other side of the ring, so I don't think it would be from gripping with a pliers or something of that sort. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ostmedaille - marked or no?   Ostmedaille - marked or no?  

Ostmedaille - marked or no?   Ostmedaille - marked or no?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ostmedaille - marked or no?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ostmedaille - marked or no?

Looks like a '7' , not sure if Meybauer made these though

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

It looks like a "7",well more so than a "1". But both Deschler (#1) & Meybauer (#7) made these. I think it's a poorly formed "7". Stewy

?

To be honest, I'm not convinced it is a '7'. Compare to the mark below from an EK2. Note the curve of the main stem, much different from the image above. Also the horizontal part has a distinct hook on the end coming close to the stem, not visible above, the end of the stamp above ends abruptly with no sign of this hook. If it was a mis-stamp I would think there would be at least some small sign of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images Ostmedaille - marked or no? 

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

It appears to have the bottom of a Meybauer "7". But i agree it's not a clean strike. I think it's a buntmetal suspension ring. Could that be a factor? Stewy

?

Possibly, can someone post a pic of a Deschler '1' please? My EK2 has a poor mark which won't be a good reference and comparison.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I don't have one, so these are the best I can find -- thanks for your assistance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ostmedaille - marked or no?  

I think it is a unknown makers mark it's not 1 or 7 maker IMO. Only 3 million made ya know.

Eric