Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ostvolk 1st Class Gold No Swords Award

Article about: Last of the bundle that arrived. Annoyed from this ads?   This is another 'type 2' made by Wachtler and Lange. Maker marked '100' under the pin Note how the gilt Brennlack finish is jus

Default Ostvolk 1st Class Gold No Swords Award

Last of the bundle that arrived.
    This is another 'type 2' made by Wachtler and Lange. Maker marked '100' under the pin
    Note how the gilt Brennlack finish is just about hanging on to the ends of the sunburst rays on the obverse but has all absorbed leaving the gray lacquer finish on the reverse.

Ostvolk 1st Class Gold No Swords AwardOstvolk 1st Class Gold No Swords AwardOstvolk 1st Class Gold No Swords AwardOstvolk 1st Class Gold No Swords AwardOstvolk 1st Class Gold No Swords Award

I hope these pictures help folks identify good from bad.

The only Type I do not have any examples of are the 'Type 1' which is the type that has a plain inner and outer circle rather than the corded type found on the type 2s and 3s

All the best
    Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ostvolk 1st Class Gold No Swords Award
    P
    Many

very nice rare badge Doug,I bought one on e-bay about 7yrs ago from a dealer,he ripped me off he'd taken it out off the load of junk he sent me and sold it to some else who offered him more money. and no did not get my money back.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    very nice rare badge Doug,I bought one on e-bay about 7yrs ago from a dealer,he ripped me off he'd taken it out off the load of junk he sent me and sold it to some else who offered him more money. and no did not get my money back.
    Thank you for your response Harry
    You should post his user name Harry, so we can all avoid the crook.
    I think a few of us must have had similar experiences.
    I had a couple of sour deals on the German Militaria 321 auction site.

All the best
    Doug

?

Thumbs up

I've got all of the Ostvolk medals. The first Kl are cased. I think I have envelopes for most of the ones with ribbons also.
    Sarge
    Ostvolk 1st Class Gold No Swords Award Ostvolk 1st Class Gold No Swords Award

Hello Sarge,
    lovely grouping and thanks for posting the pictures.
    I see 3 'type 2s' and a 'type 3' in your 1st class awards.
    Some really detailed close ups of your Class 2 awards and their issue envelopes would be appreciated as this is my next avenue of research.

I have worked out so far that there should be 12 variations of the 1st class award and there should be 18 variations of the 2nd class.

All the best
    Doug

?

Question

I'll have to look, but I don't think I have close ups of very many if any of them.
    I also have the problem that my camera died a while back and I haven't gotten another one.
    Sarge