Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer Schützenschnur, Grade 2

Article about: A recent addition to my Panzer related collection. This example is a class 2 due to the shell added to the lanyard. Ralph.

Default Panzer Schützenschnur, Grade 2

A recent addition to my Panzer related collection.
    This example is a class 2 due to the shell added to the lanyard.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Schützenschnur, Grade 2
    P
    Many

Lovely pieces Ralph!

Great new addition to your wonderfull collection
    I must get a couple of these myself..

TWS
    ?

Nice addition and nice set. I only have one or two and wouldn't mind getting another myself.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Hi Ralph love the Lanyard ( I only have the Panzer badge that fits the lanyard) I must add one to my collection one day. I have a question concerning the class 2 shell, is this meant to look more like an artillery shell or an acorn ? I read in German Army uniforms & insignia by B.L. Davis that it was acorns for infantry & shells for Artillery & Panzer troops , Mind you he only shows drawings & not photographs maybe they used both. Just curious ,Regards Paul

TWS
    ?

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Hi Ralph love the Lanyard ( I only have the Panzer badge that fits the lanyard) I must add one to my collection one day. I have a question concerning the class 2 shell, is this meant to look more like an artillery shell or an acorn ? I read in German Army uniforms & insignia by B.L. Davis that it was acorns for infantry & shells for Artillery & Panzer troops , Mind you he only shows drawings & not photographs maybe they used both. Just curious ,Regards Paul
    That's an acorn on Ralph's. The shells are distinctly shells. Here's a photo I grabbed off the net real quick. Hope Stewart's doesn't mind.

Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    Lovely pieces Ralph!

Great new addition to your wonderfull collection
    I must get a couple of these myself..
    Thank you!
    Don't buy them all up, I may still add another or two to the collection.
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by TWS View Post
    Nice addition and nice set. I only have one or two and wouldn't mind getting another myself.
    Thanks Todd!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Thanks Paul!
    Sorry, I should have said acorn.
    You are probably correct concerning the acorns and shell, although, I am sure there was some variations worn.
    I have a Heer lanyard with a Luft badge, with two shells. If a soldier was transferred, I am sure there was some changing going on.
    Ralph.

TWS
    ?

I'm in the midst of a war room rummage night, so I grabbed these. Here are most of mine. As you can see I have a Panzer version that also has acorns like Ralph's (center).
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by TWS View Post
    I'm in the midst of a war room rummage night, so I grabbed these. Here are most of mine. As you can see I have a Panzer version that also has acorns like Ralph's (center).
    Thanks for posting those Todd!
    Still looking for one with the grade 5 badge like in your photo. That would make yours a grade 7 I believe.
    Ralph.

Thanks for the replys gentlemen, They really are lovely pieces that would certainly bling up a nice waffenrock or walking out dress tunic, Regards ,Paul