Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzer Schutzen Schnur (Hope this is right)

Article about: I haven't gotten one of these in years. I understand that these were not worn much during the war. Are these in much demand at the moment? Doesn't really go with much I have any interest in.

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Nor would I, but we both have an interest in owning them.
    Would you pay $300-$600 for one in this condition?
    Ralph.
    Ralph,
    The condition is not mint for sure. So no. Would you? However, We know these are not often encountered.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Schutzen Schnur (Hope this is right)
    P
    Many

Quote by Anzel View Post
    Ralph,
    The condition is not mint for sure. So no. Would you? However, We know these are not often encountered.
    No, I would not.
    What I see here are condition issues mostly. The shield has no finish left on it, the braid itself has lost all of it's silvering and shows wear down to the inner cord. The knot closest to the shield shows wear as well. The backing strip is quite soiled and the backing for the shield shows mothing.
    If you are a patient person you can get a Heer lanyard for a little over $100. in about the same condition as this one.
    I have purchased two over the last few years and seen at least another 4 or 5 sold in that time and I do not visit dealers sites very often. Sometimes they sell for more, sometimes for less.
    The one I have posted was purchased for about $225. - $250. but as you can see, it is in better condition.
    I would certainly not pay over $200. for the one originally posted.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    No, I would not.
    What I see here are condition issues mostly. The shield has no finish left on it, the braid itself has lost all of it's silvering and shows wear down to the inner cord. The knot closest to the shield shows wear as well. The backing strip is quite soiled and the backing for the shield shows mothing.
    If you are a patient person you can get a Heer lanyard for a little over $100. in about the same condition as this one.
    I have purchased two over the last few years and seen at least another 4 or 5 sold in that time and I do not visit dealers sites very often. Sometimes they sell for more, sometimes for less.
    The one I have posted was purchased for about $225. - $250. but as you can see, it is in better condition.
    I would certainly not pay over $200. for the one originally posted.
    Ralph.
    Ralph,
    You have a very nice example. I would agree on your price points suggestions. At first glance $150 seemed a little light on because as you said the more common Heer ones sell for a little over $100. The answer is obviously whatever someone wants to spend and the seller wants to let it go for. The sweet spot is between $150-$200 I guess. I will have to pull mine out for a mug shot.
    Anzel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2