Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzervernichtungsabzeichen. Original?

Article about: Need some quick answers on this one! Is it original? I don't have a good feeling but what do you think? Value if real?

Default Panzervernichtungsabzeichen. Original?

Need some quick answers on this one! Is it original? I don't have a good feeling but what do you think? Value if real?

Attachment 352453Attachment 352452
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-27-2012 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzervernichtungsabzeichen. Original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzervernichtungsabzeichen. Original?

Looks like a repro to me.

Tom

Look at this one. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...silber-137654/

I think so too! But the price is quite high on ebay (many bids) so i thought it had potential

it will be interesting to see what others with greater experience say. i don't have much with these, so what i am seeing in the border may not mean anything. however, the few originals that i have seen have the threads in the upper and lower border rising from left to right. this example has them falling from left to right. the angle of the threads in the borders are more shallow as well. they are almost horizontal.
    the tank tread looks odd as well.

yes, look at those examples StuG III links you to.

compare the direction of the weave and angle of the weave in the upper and lower dark borders. look also at the lower tank tread in the ebay example. both these things are quite different than what StuG III is referencing.

the ebay thing doesn't make me feel any better.

even if i am wrong, stepping into a bidding frenzy with prices already "quite high" is not a good move in any auction. better to take your time and find a more "text book" example. i am sure you can.

Quote by Farradin View Post
    I think so too! But the price is quite high on ebay (many bids) so i thought it had potential
    Unfortunately the inexperience and lack of research by the bidders on Ebay cannot speak to the authenticity of the item, but I know where you mean. :-)

Tom

?

Quote by Farradin View Post
    Nothing correct about this one it's apoor fake !! Just shows how many complete idiots throw their money away on e bay !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hello there,

A very low margin for error from the "textbook" pattern is allowed with these, there are only a handful of accepted variants. With that being said, this is too far from anything like an original to even be remotely considered authentic. A reproduction. Look at an authentic version and you should see the obvious differences.

William Kramer