Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Panzervernichtungsabzeichen in Silber, believe it or believe it not!!!

Article about: This is one of those stories that is hard to believe if you were not there when it happened. It happened to me earlier this afternoon and I don't believe it. I will relay it to you blow by b

Default Panzervernichtungsabzeichen in Silber, believe it or believe it not!!!

This is one of those stories that is hard to believe if you were not there when it happened. It happened to me earlier this afternoon and I don't believe it. I will relay it to you blow by blow. A chap called round to see me earlier this afternoon with a couple of bits of German kit that he'd picked up. There was a decent K.98 bayonet and frog and a Erste Hilfe medical tin. I bought the two off him and then proceeded to inspect and clean my purchases. The Erste Hilfe tin was not something I really wanted but it still needed going though. There were a couple of untied bandages and some broken glass in the bottom of the tin. I had cleaned everything and started to put the items back in the tin, except for the Bandbinde box. There was a piece of tissue type paper sticking out of the open end which I removed, then I took out the bandage (it could be a plaster bandage judging by the white powder that went everywhere) There was still something in the box, I pulled it out still non the wiser till I turned it over. Wow, what a find. I have not cleaned it yet, although I am sure it will. Totally forgotten was the photos of the nude ladies that were in the bottom of the box and the SA dagger hanger. I have never seen a real tank destruction badge before, but I am certain that this is..... please don't tell me it isn't.
    I seem to have had a fairly good run of late and hope it continues. I don't intend on selling it but would appreciate a ball park figure just to note down in my "Collection book"
    I hope you like it, any thoughts appreciated.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzervernichtungsabzeichen in Silber, believe it or believe it not!!!   Panzervernichtungsabzeichen in Silber, believe it or believe it not!!!  

Panzervernichtungsabzeichen in Silber, believe it or believe it not!!!   Panzervernichtungsabzeichen in Silber, believe it or believe it not!!!  

Panzervernichtungsabzeichen in Silber, believe it or believe it not!!!   Panzervernichtungsabzeichen in Silber, believe it or believe it not!!!  

Last edited by rbminis; 10-07-2015 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzervernichtungsabzeichen in Silber, believe it or believe it not!!!
    P
    Many

A nice original TDB. Good find Daniel. Stewy

ho you lucky man,an original for sure.

What a great find!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Do you think it's cleanable? You know what I mean Daniel, is the Panzer magnetic? Some are, some aren't depending on the type. Stewy

Rather than bound prices about on the forum Dan, i'll PM you. Stewy

Hi,
    Thanks for the comments, and yes I think it will clean up... not mint for sure as it was a worn example.
    D

MAP
    ?

AWESOME!!! I've been wanting a TDB for years! Lucky you! Well done!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Truly amazing really, if I had not decided to clean out the tin then I would never have found it. I will most likely move the tin on and if I had not cleaned it out the purchaser would certainly have had a good buy.
    Still got a silly grin om my face!!
    D

I tried to resist but could not wait till tomorrow to try and clean the badge. It has turned out a lot better than I expected it to. Not perhaps a mint example but definitely one that has been worn.
    Hope you like the way its cleaned up.
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzervernichtungsabzeichen in Silber, believe it or believe it not!!!   Panzervernichtungsabzeichen in Silber, believe it or believe it not!!!  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast