Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Parade Medal Bars of the Third Reich

Article about: Hi everyone, I was looking for a good reference book about Nazi Germany medals, badges, and awards. I wanted to know if anyone bought this book made by Thomas M. Yanacek and know if it's a g

Question Parade Medal Bars of the Third Reich

Hi everyone,

I was looking for a good reference book about Nazi Germany medals, badges, and awards. I wanted to know if anyone bought this book made by Thomas M. Yanacek and know if it's a good reference books for peoples like me who want to start collecting WW2 german civils and military medals. If you someone have the book can he post some images of the inside of the book? Very appreciate, thank!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parade Medal Bars of the Third Reich  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Parade Medal Bars of the Third Reich
    P
    Many

?

I don't know the book but I know of the author so it should be a worthy reference.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Very good book which I would not fail to recommend to those with an interest in medal bars but from your post I think it may be a little bit specific for what you are looking for, It concentrates on medal bars and does not go into depth on individual medals/orders, combat badges etc.

For a good general overview of the numerous German WW2 awards I would suggest looking at the publications by Bender publishing. Awards of the Heer gives a good upto date coverage and as you will see the other publications go into some extreme depth covering other awards.

Best wishes.

?

Yes, as Robin says, a specific book on a specific subject.

No one book will cover all awards and decorations in detail in one volume but there are many good books on individual groups of badges/awards.

Try a search in this forum for 'reference books' because I started a thread a while ago for people to add their recommendations to.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Ok thank guys, I recently bought uniforms of the waffen ss vol 1 from Michael D. Beaver and Warman's World War II Collectibles: Identification and Price Guide from Michael E. Haskew, the two of them are very nice books!