Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Parade Mounted Kriesverdienstkreuz 2nd Class

Article about: Looks good Chris. It will be a Vet bring back with all those rank pips added to the ribbon. Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: Parade Mounted Kriesverdienstkreuz 2nd Class

Hi Nick, great looking KVK and mounted makes it all the more special! I have a few favorite medals and these are one of them. I like it a lot!

Cheers, Edwin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Parade Mounted Kriesverdienstkreuz 2nd Class
    P
    Many

?

Nice Nick. The court mounted ones arent as cheap as one might think compared to the regular ribboned ones. One just sold on estand for 90euros actually. The KVK is not as appreciated as it should be IMO. Its also more uncommon to see them in wear in period photos compared to alot of the other medals too. I always scoop up kvk in wear photos when I see em

?

Here are the afore mentioned Austrian style or trifold mounted KVKs for reference. Note the ribbon is the wider type normally used with the Ritterkreuz as opposed to the standard KVK2 width.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parade Mounted Kriesverdienstkreuz 2nd Class   Parade Mounted Kriesverdienstkreuz 2nd Class  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by Rudolf Karl View Post
    That said I have a few beginners questions. 3 actually.

What is the difference between Parade mounted & Court mounted?
    What would be some of the things to look for to just get an idea of one being the real thing? ... I'll do some leg work of my own of course.

And last but not least that dreaded value question.
    I'm not looking for anything other than perhaps middle line to top $ I should expect to pay. I understand that documentation, pictures and other things will put a bearing on that figure as well as personal likes for a given piece.
    Hi Rudy,

In answer to your first question - nothing as far as I'm aware. Parade mounted and Court mounted are two terms for the same thing.

The second part is a little more tricky. The quality of these medals varies widely from the very crude to the crisp and detailed, the base metals used also varies but you should never be able to bend it. The finish on them can range from a light bronze or brass to a deep chocolate colour. Luckily, they haven't been faked too much because of the readily available supply of original medals so you will be really unlucky to end up with a fake. Buy from a decent source and you should be ok.

Price and value are both difficult things to give advice on as everyone has their own ideas of what they would want to pay for an item. THe KVKs are very affordable and can be found from as little as €20 up to €50. Shop around, the zinc made crosses will be cheaper than the tombak. Look for a minty Deschler hoard medal with packet and tissue papaer and you won't go wrong.

Hope this helps.

Nice award Nick!

I like the KVK's due to the fact they are cheap(ish), readily available and can be found in mint condition. They display well but the only downside is that they lead you into further collecting and expense!

Parade Mounted Kriesverdienstkreuz 2nd Class

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hi Rudy,

In answer to your first question - nothing as far as I'm aware. Parade mounted and Court mounted are two terms for the same thing.

The second part is a little more tricky. The quality of these medals varies widely from the very crude to the crisp and detailed, the base metals used also varies but you should never be able to bend it. The finish on them can range from a light bronze or brass to a deep chocolate colour. Luckily, they haven't been faked too much because of the readily available supply of original medals so you will be really unlucky to end up with a fake. Buy from a decent source and you should be ok.

Price and value are both difficult things to give advice on as everyone has their own ideas of what they would want to pay for an item. THe KVKs are very affordable and can be found from as little as €20 up to €50. Shop around, the zinc made crosses will be cheaper than the tombak. Look for a minty Deschler hoard medal with packet and tissue papaer and you won't go wrong.

Hope this helps.
    Rudy, good advice from Adrian! Here is my Deschler hoard cross with packrt and paper, worth having one in your collection and they are plentiful!

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Parade Mounted Kriesverdienstkreuz 2nd Class 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nice trifold Adrian A must have!

@Glenn, an impressive collection nicely displayed mate

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks Nick!

Both my KVK's without swords are Deschler hoard, you can't get mintier than 'still in the tissue paper'!

Thank you for the explanation and the pictures. I like them very much and after doing the money conversion
    I may be able to treat myself to one occasionally assuming I find one.

There is a war relics show next month so I'll be asking more questions. May be able to make a trade for something that interests me ... like these for instance.

?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Its also more uncommon to see them in wear in period photos compared to alot of the other medals too. I always scoop up kvk in wear photos when I see em
    I would be interested to see your photos of the KVK in wear as I try to collect them when I see them too. Technically they should belong in the Paperwork/Documents/Photos forum but I see no harm in starting a thread dedicated to showing a particular award in wear here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast