Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

pins

Article about: I agree with you Mark Nick

Default Re: pins

Quote by TriskelSonne View Post
    The Kinderschar Badge's name: Abzeichen der National Sozialist Frauenschaft Kinderschar. Adapted for young girls up to the age of 10; at that point they went into the JM. A "schar" was a squad-sized group of about 30-40 girls. They wore no uniforms. Originals are marked GES. GESCH. on a round pin plate. But the badge as posted is a fake. The ones with the markings RZM 63 are the ones that make some collectors nervous.
    I understand what the NSF is, and what the Kinderschar is about, but I've never seen
    these badges before - ever. Not in any respected publications on Third Reich
    militaria, or anywhere else, in over thirty years.

Any documentation that these were designed, even produced or issued - or photos
    of these badges in wear ? IMO, each and every one is fake.........
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement pins
    P
    Many

Steve,
    There aren't many reference books out there on enameled badges of the 3d reich, so finding one in a book will most likely be difficult. I KNOW they exist as original, as around 1958, when I was 17 yrs old, I got one of these, with the double-marked GES GESCH in a small box of war relics from a neighbor of many years. One exactly like mine, is pictured in the old ref. book "One People, One Reich", Enameled Organizational Badges of Germany, by JR Cone. I swear as well, that I've seen it pictured & advertised in original pins & badges sales books of the period, one comes to mind of a firm that sold those small-sized "Lilliput" NSDAP badges.

The late advanced collector of German enameled badges, Mike Pinkus, has one of these on his reference website ( which is still available ), re: enamelsofwar.homestead.com. The hobby's foremost authority on enameled badges & perhaps having the best Nazi enameled badges collection, is England's Don Scowen, & Don has one in his extensive collection exactly like mine.

Quote by TriskelSonne View Post
    The late advanced collector of German enameled badges, Mike Pinkus, has one of these on his reference website ( which is still available ), re: enamelsofwar.homestead.com. The hobby's foremost authority on enameled badges & perhaps having the best Nazi enameled badges collection, is England's Don Scowen, & Don has one in his extensive collection exactly like mine.
    Well......Thank you for all your hard work trying to open my eyes, and convincing me that these exist !
    I've just had a look at the NSF badge on the Pinkus site - A rare one indeed !
    I take back my former statement !

Hard to understand why none appear in any reference books as far back as 1969 ! ?
    The one shown above is a definite fake though - nothing right about it.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Sorry guys for bringing this back to the top but I am having trouble finding any information at all about these pins. They arrived today and have a different numbers on each 080 and 427.
    Those other fake badges have amazing detail on the fronts the guns on the HJ badge look to long compared to originals as well , you would think fakers would do a little research and not make such a ass off the backs.
    I found another two of the fantasy DAK badges while doing research on these badges. And believe it or not, one apparently sold for $200 and the other went for €40 on another auction site. Are these people mad or what.
    Anyway thanks again in advance
    Rod

Here is a link - for the Kinderschar badge at least - and several others.
    You will notice the differences.........

enamelsofwar
    Regards,

Steve.

http://snyderstreasures.com/images/g...hipRiflesR.jpg
    Third Reich; Hitler Youth.
    original Third Reich Nazi gardeners organization pin

Thanks steve I’ve already checked this one out along with many others but i am struggling to even find something to compare these pins with. I,ve found a few kinderschar badges on the net but nothing on the TeNo pins.
    I,ve posted these links above just to see if I’ve learned anything from this experience.
    Are all these HJ badges fake I think they are if i have learned anything, or am i wrong. These are identical to that fake one i have M1/14 apart from the RZM logo being clearer on these. hope i am not doing anything wrong by posting these links.
    Thank Rod

Suspicious, huh ? - I don't like those either.

Here are 2 TeNo stick pins for sale. I'm more apt to trust these sellers.........

The Collector's Guild

Stick Pins, Miniatures and Membership Badges
    Regards,

Steve.

I would say that each and every one of the pins in this lot are blatant fake pieces. On the few occasions where they were copied from actual existing pins, when compared, these pins are glaringly obvious fakes. As such, they are, in my opinion, pretty much valueless. They have the wrong kind of finish to them(if not the wrong kind of metal itself), incorrect pinbacks, and absolutely no age at all to them-kind of tough to do, considering they are nearly 70 years or more old,supposedly. You'll always find gullible and uninformed collectors who don't know any better who will pay "$200" for such horrors as the fake DAK pin, but aside from physically restraining them from purchasing such things, there's not much that can be done about it.
    And, abit of advice-I would suggest avoiding the above site -snyders treasures- the man is an Extremely long time and well known seller of "questionable goods". One of-if not The worst-reputations on net and the collecting circles around the world. At any rate, good luck collecting,Rod! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Certainly no age or patina on any of them - must be that all 4 are bogus then.........!

The price for an original item reaches a point where it is then profitable
    to make batches of fakes - I don't believe there is anything in this
    field that has not been copied or reproduced !
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast