Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please Help Identify this medal

Article about: by KarenFC So, if there are multiple medals, why can't anyone identify this one? I can't find anything even close to this in appearance. i definitely put some time in as well. when you consi

Default Please Help Identify this medal

Please Help Identify this medalPlease Help Identify this medalPlease Help Identify this medalPlease Help Identify this medalPlease Help Identify this medalPlease Help Identify this medalPlease Help Identify this medal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please Help Identify this medal
    P
    Many

Default Re: Please Help Identify this medal

First time i see this one... I'm curious!

I've already spent about 2-3 hours trying to find something. Maybe a sports award? Campaign? We have no clue. It came with several other pieces, all of which are identifiable, except this one.

i have no idea what this is except to say that it is, of course, not engraved with a name on the back but with "the municipality of Ramsen" which means to me this was probably a medal to recognize participation in some sort of multi-city event. could be something related to sport or the like. it would not be military or political in my opinion.

Is it possible,that Adolf Hitler was a freeman (dt.Ehrenbürger) of the Gemeinde "Ramsen" and the medal was made in memorial for this occasion?

if it were, why would a medal made specifically for that purpose have the Gemeinde engraved after casting. to me, this suggests there are multiple medals and they were all engraved after casting because they were intended to be engraved with more than one of probably several Gemeinden?

just thinking out loud here.

So, if there are multiple medals, why can't anyone identify this one? I can't find anything even close to this in appearance.

The village of Ramsen is in the Pfalz Region, has a population of 1833 inhabitants...I don't think the Fuehrer would have been too much impressed to be Ehrenbuerger, lol...
    I totally agree with Tempelhof on this one...A local award as he describes above..
    cheers, Glenn

Here's a similar one...a table medal...Same Maker....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please Help Identify this medal   Please Help Identify this medal  

I agree with Glenn on this one. The Municipality's name on it pretty much tells the story. Obviously an award of some kind issued in the town of Ramsen. I suppose it could have been given out for any number of reasons. Could have been for Any number of things-from a retirement of a town official or a thank you from the town for doing a bang up job catching all of the town's strays for the dog catcher...Exactly what it's purpose was, is likely something we'll probably never know.

In any case, I do like the looks of it and wouldn't mind having it myself! it's a handsome and very well made looking little medal!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast