Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Please Help Identify this medal

Article about: by KarenFC So, if there are multiple medals, why can't anyone identify this one? I can't find anything even close to this in appearance. i definitely put some time in as well. when you consi

Default Re: Please Help Identify this medal

Quote by KarenFC View Post
    So, if there are multiple medals, why can't anyone identify this one? I can't find anything even close to this in appearance.
    i definitely put some time in as well.

when you consider the absolutely massive quantity of medals and plaques and trophies and awards pumped out year after year for every government and civilian entity conceivable, there are bound to be some
    made in quantities quite small and for events so insignificant that their purpose is lost to history. then again, it's only been posted here a little time and someone may come along who has seen one of these before.

as a competitive fencer, i can tell you that this almost looks like the kind of thing you would stroll into a small trophy shop and order for whatever event you may be hosting. you walk in, tell them your event (whether sporting event or banquet or anything else), and if it doesn't fit something they make specifically for such a thing as you have in mind you have a lot of generic medals with nice ribbons to chose from with some sort of important and official looking national feature on one side and a blank surface for engraving on the other. in a highly militarized society like the 3rd Reich in which virtually everyone had a uniform and in which so many items had the likeness of Hitler and/or a swastika affixed, it's not hard to imagine at all literally piles of blank medals for any and every event ready for the engraving on the one side and Hitler on the other.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please Help Identify this medal
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2