Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please help- What is this?

Article about: I have no idea what this is or is supposed to be, a Cossack badge perhaps? any opinions are welcome.

?

Default Please help- What is this?

I have no idea what this is or is supposed to be, a Cossack badge perhaps? any opinions are welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help- What is this?   Please help- What is this?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help- What is this?
    P
    Many

?

David Littlejohn has a similar badge in one of his books, the caption describing it as a 'Graduates Badge of the School of Young Cossacks. Most often found in white metal' He also states that there is a 'version [...] having a gilt wreath and gilt scroll [which ...] may indicate that the badge existed in more than one grade.' (vol4, p. 299)

I'm sorry, I don't know if yours is genuine - looks ground dug.

Regards, Philip

I agree with Philip.

?

Apparently these very rare badges are faked - there is a piece on them here: Ailsby Collection: Young Cossacks Badge.

This blog, by Christopher Ailsby, states that the original badge was stamped out of sheet metal whereas the fakes are solid. The badge above looks to be solid, which would suggest that it is an artificially aged fake.

Philip

?

Thanks! I have seen only one other and it was stamped not solid like this one, I appreciate all of your help!