Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Prototype of the Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter?

Article about: Is there a Deschler & Sohn prototype for the Mother's Cross? Was this a master prototype that Descler then modified? Is this too good to be true? I stumbled across this on a retail site

Default Prototype of the Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter?

Is there a Deschler & Sohn prototype for the Mother's Cross? Was this a master prototype that Descler then modified? Is this too good to be true? I stumbled across this on a retail site and can't find it in past forum threads. I am including the original description with a alleged letter from Deschler affirming the claim.

My translation, provided by Google, is "This design differs from the realized form of the mother from the Cross considerably. It consists of a blue enamelled cross with applied roses , in the background the glory with swastika. The suspension of purchases from one held by a child tape labeled "The German Mother ". Bronze gilt, multipart manufactured with enamelled lettering. Back is missing the support fixture. Below is the confirmation of the former owner of the company Deschler & Sohn Munich, 27.2.2008, that the work model of the mother cross was manufactured before 1945 at Deschler and served as sampling. High Interestingly prototype of great rarity."

Could it be that Deschler made the first die or modified this prototype to create a standard design that everyone else emulated?

I am doing this on a mobile device and my image options are somewhat limited. I have tried to remove the retail site name and it has distorted the image in a few places. I apologize for the quality.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prototype of the Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter?
    P
    Many

That is a first for me, never heard this before.
    Here is an accepted rare first pattern from the collection of RonR from another forum.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Nice! It's amazing how different the signature is compared to mine. Were there three patterns?

Quote by Retsiger View Post
    Nice! It's amazing how different the signature is compared to mine. Were there three patterns?
    Not just the signature but the whole inscription.
    There were not three patterns to my knowledge.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

/.../ served as sampling.
    I am very sceptical. How could this protoype "serve as sampling" (diente als Musterstück), if it is wholly different as the mass-produced cross? And please look at this suspesnion: have seen similiar one used in any German decoration in this period?

regards
    Tomasz

Once this one has sold I wonder how many more prototypes will appear.
    It is not a cross I have any belief in.

All the best
    Doug

I don't believe it either. The bronze has no 75 years of aging to it and the top half of the badge looks far too cheap and tinny. Personally, I would not want it in my collection. €2,500?? Not even with good meds to help....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Fair do’s whoever thought this one up has got some great imagination.

Thanks for all your input. I have read negative things about the seller, but thought surely someone can't intentionally harm the very people who supports him. Sad.

Thanks for all your input. I have read negative things about the seller, but thought surely someone can't intentionally harm the very people who supports him. Sad.
    He has sold many, many other "unique" or even out and out fakes in the past as well as some very nice and rare items. Non though are at bargain prices, regardless, but he is still a dealer that carries weight.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.