Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Proud new member!

Article about: Welcome aboard! It's good to see a new member taking the plunge and admitting they might have made the odd mistake. Hopefully the members here can steer you in the right direction from now o

?

Default Re: Proud new member!

Welcome aboard! It's good to see a new member taking the plunge and admitting they might have made the odd mistake. Hopefully the members here can steer you in the right direction from now on.. Don't be afraid to ask questions, there is no such thing as a stupid one and everyone here is willing to help no matter how experienced you are.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Proud new member!
    P
    Many

That wasn't so bad, was it ? - I (we) appreciate the effort, as it can be
    somewhat embarrasing - but again, we have all been there.

This is a good learning tool for you and for others to see what
    types of fakes there are out there. I expect that you could
    point out several details that are not 'right' with it,
    and in this, you have learned.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Adrian, thank you for the uplifting words! I was once told that in order to have a laugh at someones err, you must learn to laugh at your own first. My honey says my mistakes aren't all that, "odd". lol Bless her heart. Green

Walkwolf, I most certainly am able to point to a few differences now. Green

?

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! and dont feel so bad about your purchase... One of the worst things ever shown on here was a NSDAP YO-YO ... some n00b purchased can't do worse than that.
    The board members and Mods are always here to help.

Lowboy, yes they are here to help. I and my wallet are grateful for that! With all due respect, I chuckled at your yo-yo. Green
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 11-03-2011 at 04:53 AM. Reason: typo

?

All for only $25 a year!!!!!!

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Please don't ask me to share more than this because I'm just not ready to. This is bad enough! I believe you gents call this a 4th Reich Luft 2nd pattern. Green P.S. Price is not important, it was somewhat handsome suffice it to say.
    Welcome to the forum Greenhorn, I'm new here too and its amazing what you can learn. I'm more of a "wannabe" generalist than an expert on anything but I also have a few daggers ... First the dagger you show isnt "4th Reich Luftwaffe 2nd pattern" but rather a possible "4th Reich Heeres (army) dagger". Second I say "possible" because I'm not so sure its quite as 4th Reich as you say; more knowleable people than me will no doubt tell you more on the proper forum but other than the hangers, some of the individual components dont look so bad to me. Maybe a parts dagger slapped together post war. So, possibly copy yes, but possibly not as bad as you think and thats what you are here to learn about. Besides, the price for the lesson is already paid for...

Regards

JC

Welcome to the forum!

The dagger is a Spanish made fake. We have seen a lot of these of late. I suspect old collectoins are being broken up and these are hitting the market again after many years.

Do not worry about making early bad buys: we all have and it is all part of the learning process.

Glad you have joined us here and thanks for the positive comments.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I have made more than a few mistakes, but thankfully not for a while and none since I started using this and other forums, though this and the Sand pit are the friendliest and most helpful. Other forums have members who wait to pounce on the slightest mistake and particularly prey on newbies, a thing that does not happen here, IMO.

Welcome to the forum and have fun collecting.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast