Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Questions about SA Sports Badge and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Good shout guys. I would normally expect to see little notches on the reef but, I guess the corrosion levels have a part to play.

Default Questions about SA Sports Badge and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

I own both of these badges. I was looking at my collection earlier and I thought of these two questions to ask you guys:

1. Is the SA Sports Badge in bronze or gold? I thought that it was perhaps wishful thinking to call it gold, but after looking at several bronze examples online, I am stumped.

2. Can anyone identify the maker of this ground dug IAB? I believe semi-hollow is the proper term for this badge, but I could be wrong. I actually found this one myself in the cellar of an old house in North Berlin!

I appreciate all of your help. I am still learning. I have been practicing telling the difference between tombak and zinc badges for the past hour or so. haha

Thanks,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questions about SA Sports Badge and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Questions about SA Sports Badge and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Questions about SA Sports Badge and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Questions about SA Sports Badge and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Questions about SA Sports Badge and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Questions about SA Sports Badge and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questions about SA Sports Badge and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Questions about SA Sports Badge and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Hi Mo, the sports badge is certainly Bronze. The shade can vary a bit on these.

Cheers, Ade.

The SA Sports looks to be a bronze grade that has been polished up abit -it doesn't have any bronze finish on it any longer. There doesn't seem to be any traces on front or back of any gold wash. A guy can always hope,though,hey? lol William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Definitely a bronze i'm afraid. I don't think that maker made gold SA sports badges plus the number is far too high.

Heres my gold SA for comparison.

Questions about SA Sports Badge and Infanterie SturmabzeichenQuestions about SA Sports Badge and Infanterie SturmabzeichenQuestions about SA Sports Badge and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen is a difficult one, could be FLL or Wurster but I wouldn't put my mortgage on it!

It's not really a semi hollow badge, the rifle is usually more scooped in these variants. Massive stamped would be more apt.

Thanks for your help guys!

It's alright that the SA sports in bronze. I assumed it would be anyway. I will take a look at FLL and Wurster badges are try to figure that one out.

Glenn, your gold SA sports is beautiful!

The ISA is an original ground dug zinc Rudolf Karneth block hinge variant. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    The ISA is an original ground dug zinc Rudolf Karneth block hinge variant. Stewy
    Thanks! Does anyone have one of these in good condition that I could see pictures of?

?

Talk about "bling" that's a beautiful example Glenn, thanks for sharing it.
    Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Definitely a bronze i'm afraid. I don't think that maker made gold SA sports badges plus the number is far too high.

Heres my gold SA for comparison.

Questions about SA Sports Badge and Infanterie SturmabzeichenQuestions about SA Sports Badge and Infanterie SturmabzeichenQuestions about SA Sports Badge and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

I agree with my Mate Stewy...a ground dug attributed R. Karneth.

Here is one of mine to compare. This one is the un-pebbled leaf variant

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questions about SA Sports Badge and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Questions about SA Sports Badge and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast