Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick questions about Schnellboot Kriegsabzeichen

Article about: Hi guys, Through your collecting experience, what pattern of these badges would you say are harder to find, the first or second type? I am going to go take a look at one on Friday, so I have

?

Default Re: Quick questions about Schnellboot Kriegsabzeichen

I found the exact same type of badge on another forum and it was declared a fake, see below. The trimming outline is wrong, the eagle and swastika are wrong, the boat details are close but not close enough, the wave details differ, the makers mark is wrong, there are no finishing marks on the reverse which are found on originals. Like I said, it's very close but these minor differences make it a fake badge in my opinion.
    Also, bear in mind that the first type is roughly twice as expensive as the second so to find an original at less than $200 is a bit of a warning in itself no matter who the source is.
    This is a badge exactly the same as Mo's (compare the details) which was found to be fake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Quick questions about Schnellboot Kriegsabzeichen  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quick questions about Schnellboot Kriegsabzeichen
    P
    Many

?

This is an original from Lorenzo Brown's site. Compare the details I listed above to this one and they become obvious.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Quick questions about Schnellboot Kriegsabzeichen  

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I found the exact same type of badge on another forum and it was declared a fake, see below. The trimming outline is wrong, the eagle and swastika are wrong, the boat details are close but not close enough, the wave details differ, the makers mark is wrong, there are no finishing marks on the reverse which are found on originals. Like I said, it's very close but these minor differences make it a fake badge in my opinion.
    Also, bear in mind that the first type is roughly twice as expensive as the second so to find an original at less than $200 is a bit of a warning in itself no matter who the source is.
    This is a badge exactly the same as Mo's (compare the details) which was found to be fake.
    Damn... well I will call him and give him the bad news then. He has never sold me a fake, and I don't think he would knowingly do so. I have been comparing this one to the fake found on this thread: Schwerin Repros - Page 3 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums and they look very similar.

I am curious to see where he got this one.

Thanks for your help Adrian.

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Damn... well I will call him and give him the bad news then. He has never sold me a fake, and I don't think he would knowingly do so. I have been comparing this one to the fake found on this thread: Schwerin Repros - Page 3 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums and they look very similar.

I am curious to see where he got this one.

Thanks for your help Adrian.
    No worries.

These are two different fakes Mo.

I agree with everything that has been said here...it is a fake plain and simple. A good fake...but a fake nonetheless.

It looks like some sort of white alloy to me.

Chrys

Could you please give me the link for the thread you mentioned?

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Could you please give me the link for the thread you mentioned?
    Here you go: Fake 1st Pattern Schwerin Schnellboot Kriegsabzeichen.

Thank you Adrian.

This is a hell of a disappointment... at least I haven't lost any money. I will ask him to put my money towards the Heer pith helmet he has instead.

?

I'm disappointed for you Mo. I would've loved you to get a Schwerin S-Boot for a bargain price.

And the silver lining,

This helmet: 1941 Soviet helmet

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3