Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Rare Mutterkreuz clasp in bronze.

Article about: The mother's cross must be one of the most most beautiful awards ever made. I am constantly amazed when looking at them under a loupe. And this piece just illustrates it again! 'Sad' to say

Default Re: Rare Mutterkreuz clasp in bronze.

The mother's cross must be one of the most most beautiful awards ever made. I am constantly amazed when looking at them under a loupe. And this piece just illustrates it again!

'Sad' to say that I have seen a number of other variations. So your work is not yet done And then there is still the 1st pattern...

Nice to see one of the 'half sizes' in the collection as well! That group photo is really stunning!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare Mutterkreuz clasp in bronze.
    P
    Many

?

Jody have an interesting variant too:Rare Mutterkreuz clasp in bronze.Rare Mutterkreuz clasp in bronze.

Wow Janos what are those stones?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Jody's answer is: "The cross is a rare customised piece in gold. I got this off of a veteran a few years back."

?

Quote by Kryptos View Post
    The mother's cross must be one of the most most beautiful awards ever made. I am constantly amazed when looking at them under a loupe. And this piece just illustrates it again!

'Sad' to say that I have seen a number of other variations. So your work is not yet done And then there is still the 1st pattern...

Nice to see one of the 'half sizes' in the collection as well! That group photo is really stunning!
    Thanks for your comments János, these are really beautiful and under-rated awards, over looked by many collectors I believe in favour of combat decorations.
    The variations are out there but a first pattern is sadly well beyond my current collecting budget.
    Jody's cross is a nice example, never seen this before but believeable in terms of the apparent modification by the wearer. Not sure if this would've been approved by the powers that be though!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hello
    I also own a Gold Mothercross Clasp
    What is something so value. Would not like it to sell!
    Many thanks for your answer

Gruss Sandro

?

Never seen one of these before. Thanks for sharing and congrats!

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    [...], these are really beautiful and under-rated awards, over looked by many collectors I believe in favour of combat decorations.
    However, apparently not under-rated at the time:

'Amongst our decorations there are three that really have value: the Mutterkreuz (Mother's Gross), the Dienstauszeichnung (Service Decoration) and the Verwundetenabzeichen (Wounds Badge). At the top of them, the Mutterkreuz in gold; it's the finest of the lot. It's given without regard for social position, to peasant's wife or Minister's wife.' (Adolf Hitler, Night of 10th-11th November 1941; source: Hitler's Table Talk - Full text of "Hitlers Table Talk")

Philip

?

Default Mutterkreuz Kreuz

Hi Guys,
    My cross was obtained from a 3rd Infantry Division veteran in August of 2014 (BTW, it is in gold). It is very unique and the beading matches the enamel and there is even a decorative edge to the beading.

Here it is and how I now have it displayed. BTW, Adrian I love your bronze clasp.

Regards,
    Jody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare Mutterkreuz clasp in bronze.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Rare Mutterkreuz clasp in bronze.  Rare Mutterkreuz clasp in bronze. 

Hello, Together
    What does this mother's cross have in gold for a value?
    Thanks
    Greeting SandroRare Mutterkreuz clasp in bronze.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast