Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or Fake Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen?

Article about: Real or fake? opinions would be appreciated. Thanks, Caleb.

Default Real or Fake Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen?

Real or fake? opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Caleb.

Real or Fake Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen?Real or Fake Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen?Real or Fake Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen?
    Last edited by Adrian; 12-23-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Real or Fake?

Original imo

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I am not real familiar with these but, it appears to be an original zinc version of the west wall medal. Do you have a photo of the reverse of the packet?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi looks good to me. Apart from the ribbon is probably a reproduction.
    I have a set the same also with a reproduction ribbon. Apparently a small hoard of these were found years ago all without original ribbons.
    Wait and see what the rest of the guys say.
    Regards
    Rod

Thanks for the quick replies, I will get a photo of the reverse but it takes ages to upload the pictures so it should be up within the next couple of hours. But you think the medal and ribbon are definantly Third Riech era? And what are your thoughts on the package?

Thanks,
    Caleb.

Sorry the guy said it wasn't ever issued that's why it looks so clean, the ribbon isn't that shiny it was just the lighting although it does look very new when you actually see it, it is also quite stiff, I would like to think its original but I'm mainly concerned with the medal and package itself.

TY,
    Caleb.

Hello Caleb,
    Just resize your photos before you post them here. I normally set the pixels to about 1600, or 1400 on the large side. This will leave them quite large enough to see the detail and yet, does not take too long to upload.
    Hope this helps,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ok cool, thanks, I'm still working my way around all of this stuff ahaha, where do I post a photo of a mothers cross that I wanna get checked out?

-Caleb.

Quote by Collector121096 View Post
    Ok cool, thanks, I'm still working my way around all of this stuff ahaha, where do I post a photo of a mothers cross that I wanna get checked out?

-Caleb.
    You can post them in the main "Orders and Decorations of the Third Reich" forum.
    Ralph.

As far as I am aware the threads should loop at the edges of the ribbon.
    You can also try a black light test to see if it glows. That is a good indication of if it was made war time.
    Hope this helps
    Rod

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast