Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Real or Fake, large collection I just purchased...

Article about: by infantry177 I am most interested in SS/totenkopf type things so I think I shall start their. Maybe work my way up to getting an "honor ring" one day! SS items are the most faked

KSH
    ?

Default Re: Real or Fake, large collection I just purchased...

Now this just makes me sad too... I just can't believe that a beginning collector would purchase such (if original) high-end items without consulting some expertise first! Buy the relic, not the story. Any COA is just a promise or guarantee from someone - it is their word - it is a piece of paper that anyone can make. So do COAs then have any merit at all? Yes, they have - but only if issued by a trustworthy source - a source who's word can be trusted. But it's still just a piece of paper.

I agree 100% with all that has already been said here - they all look like reproductions unfortunately.

I sincerely hope that you can get your money back for these - but as you have bought them out of Poland (!), I wouldn't count on that.

- Kenneth

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake, large collection I just purchased...
    P
    Many

?

Dont let this stop you collecting, Just be more careful next time. the forum has a new classified adds section you can browse and the best thing is that they are all 100% orriginal

Cheers, Pat

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    Dont let this stop you collecting, Just be more careful next time. the forum has a new classified adds section you can browse and the best thing is that they are all 100% orriginal

Cheers, Pat
    Not always.Stewy
    WWII Paratrooper Badge - Militaria Collectibles market at War Relics

?

Damn, well dont let this get you down. I would pick an area that most interests you and start from there-possibly infantry assault badges for example and learn everything you can about them. They are also affordable to start with. Ask around for the best books and hang around the forum.

Welcome to the "Green Zone" for collectors

MFG,

Lee

I would suggest that you invest in a few books, other than that, post photos here of anything that you intend to purchase and the other members will tell you if they are fake or not BEFORE you spend your hard earned money. Another suggestion, buy very little from Poland.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Terrible experience, I feel sorry for you infantry177. Although it is indeed a tough pill to swallow, keep your chin up. But, next time (as you should not let this stop you collecting), post the items on the forum BEFORE you buy them. That way, somebody on here can help you with authentication. As for the closure of museum document, that would be so easy to fake. Far less work than to fake a Third Reich document. The documents that are shown above don't look too promising either I'm afraid, look closely at the metal ringlets used to hold the photographs in place. I would expect some evidence of age, and they look quite new to me. The awards all seem fantasy/replica, very common Polish made fakes.

Seeing these images and imagining what you may have paid for these items makes me feel sick.

We all make mistakes in life, I would expect that just about everybody on here has at some stage made an error with this hobby. And, it is becoming increasingly more difficult as the replicas get better so that doesn't help us! But you just have to live and learn. Write it off and move on.

Better luck next time.

Regards,

Carl

To everybody: thank you so much for all of the information and support. Knowledge truly is power and this was my first purchase. To be honest I really had no idea there was such a potent "reproduction" production in place... I guess where ever there is money to be made their will be fakes. I will most certainly hang around the forum and learn and CERTAINLY post prior to purchasing. I am embarrassed to state how much money I was taken for, I am sure this man paid his mortgage for the better part of a year off of my hard earned deployment money. Such is the way of things. When my contract is up I plan on finishing my degree and getting a better job thus allowing more flexibility to collect etc. Leej11, greenzone indeed you guys have been most helpful regardless if it is the outcome I desired.

I am most interested in SS/totenkopf type things so I think I shall start their. Maybe work my way up to getting an "honor ring" one day!

Gday mate,
    Just starting out collecting 3 Reich militaria myself and it's a minefield out there.
    If you are considering SS/Totenkopfs, be bloody careful hay.
    This site has many images of fakes and good ones,use them mate .(nealy got caught not so long ago).
    Cross ref. the images against what you are looking at and ask lots of questions,these blokes on this site are bloody spot on.
    Cheers mate
    Dave

SS items are the most faked of all TR items and serious study and lots of money is needed to collect them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

KSH
    ?

Quote by infantry177 View Post
    To everybody: thank you so much for all of the information and support. Knowledge truly is power and this was my first purchase. To be honest I really had no idea there was such a potent "reproduction" production in place... I guess where ever there is money to be made their will be fakes. I will most certainly hang around the forum and learn and CERTAINLY post prior to purchasing. I am embarrassed to state how much money I was taken for, I am sure this man paid his mortgage for the better part of a year off of my hard earned deployment money. Such is the way of things. When my contract is up I plan on finishing my degree and getting a better job thus allowing more flexibility to collect etc. Leej11, greenzone indeed you guys have been most helpful regardless if it is the outcome I desired.

I am most interested in SS/totenkopf type things so I think I shall start their. Maybe work my way up to getting an "honor ring" one day!
    While this of course was not the answer you wanted - I must say that I admire your attitude and reaction to this bad news, too many just jump into a state of unhelpful denial when confronted with such unfortunate situations. I wish you happy collecting in the future! I was also stunned when I realized the scale and size of the reproduction/fakes industry when I started out as a collector (and mind what other members have said already, SS items are most faked of all) - in the case of many Third Reich items there exists far more repros today than originals on the market!

- Kenneth

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast