Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Real or Fake, large collection I just purchased...

Article about: by infantry177 I am most interested in SS/totenkopf type things so I think I shall start their. Maybe work my way up to getting an "honor ring" one day! SS items are the most faked

Default Re: Real or Fake, large collection I just purchased...

"Certificate of closure"...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake, large collection I just purchased...
    P
    Many

Well it does say on this certificate that the decorations are from the 2e ww era, so they are not telling the truth there.
    It does not mention anywhere the decorations are fake, or copies. I'll try and google the museum, see what comes up about them.
    You should be able to get your money back, because they say they are handing over to you German decorations from ww2 from the collection of the museum.
    Did you buy them there, I mean, does this museum really excist or is it jst a internet fraud thing? The cerificate just doesn't look like it should do to me, but then again it's Poland.

Not to be course but when you are out in the woods that paper might be handy for something! COA'S are just what they are a piece of paper for the most part.I wish that you found out who this piece of pond scum is you can use that beautiful doberman on him!!

I've learned the hard way myself. Stand strong and you'll learn like the rest of us. It's a tough but fun and educational hobby. Keep up the good fight and thanks again for your service . Awesome pup you have there!

Madman

Just doing a quick Google of "Muzeum Hansa Klossa" turns up some oddly bizarre things. It seems, from what the translations can make out, that this museum was only open for a few short months and seemed to be tied directly to some sort of Television Series show that apparently was quite popular in Poland. Were all the exhibits then, simply TV show props? It certainly seems that this is the case. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes Wagriff, I came across some same information on the museum. Looks like they were a flim museum of some sort. I think most of their collection is replica, or just stuff they used in films or tv shows. Did you see that German officer doing a get-a-way on a bike? It's not a real ww2 German bike, but a post war Russian Ural. It would do the trick in a movie, but would be bad if sold to a collector as a original German bike.
    The certificate seems right, the names and adress is the same, so is the owner of the museum that sold the replica items. Think it's going to be difficult to get your money back, as you bought it off this movie-museum and if they say they told you the collection was a movie replica set. There is no way on earth you could buy a original collection like this, in this condition under a hundred grand.

?

Has anyone translated the above certificate to see what it says exactly?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yes Adrian, I did translate it. Just typed the Polish text in the google translator. Like i said earlier it says the museum sells the German decorations in a from ww2 (!), in a showcase to Borysowi, and that the decorations were in the museum's collection. Signed by the director of the museum Piotr Owcarz.
    Only dodgy part is that they say the decorations are period time.

?

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    Yes Adrian, I did translate it. Just typed the Polish text in the google translator. Like i said earlier it says the museum sells the German decorations in a from ww2 (!), in a showcase to Borysowi, and that the decorations were in the museum's collection. Signed by the director of the museum Piotr Owcarz.
    Only dodgy part is that they say the decorations are period time.
    Thank you Feuerbach, it's all a bit ambiguous and it shows that a COA isn't worth much in many cases.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hey infantry177, a late welcome to the forum from me.

It's a shame that this has happened to you. Make sure to post photos of anything you are considering to buy and we can help you out. As Steve has pointed out, avoid buying anything from Poland (or pretty much the rest of Eastern Europe in that case) online. For example, if you go on Ebay and look at the German helmets, 99.9% of the ones from Latvia will be fakes.

I don't think it's Nowak, because that bastard wouldn't even have the decency to send you something. He would just take your money and run. Also remember that there are a lot more people out there to scam you than Nowak.

Thank you for your service, and I really hope that you can get your money back. I suppose you could always try to get some stuff out of Afghanistan to make up for it? I have heard of people finding German M16 helmets and all sorts of things over there.

Mo

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast