Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Red Cross Star

Article about: Dear Member I would like to hear your opinion about this breast star. If there is an interesting story about the medal, please let me know. Greetings Martin

Default Red Cross Star

Dear Member

I would like to hear your opinion about this breast star. If there is an interesting story about the medal, please let me know.

Greetings
    Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Red Cross Star   Red Cross Star  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Red Cross Star
    P
    Many

Default Re: Red Cross Star

the only interresting about this badge i can tell you that its a bad fake.
    sorry.

greetings
    Eddy

?

Quote by lightyone View Post
    the only interresting about this badge i can tell you that its a bad fake.
    sorry.

greetings
    Eddy
    Eddy,
    Can you expand on that please? I'm not familiar with these badges and it would be good to be given a few pointers on what to look for. It would also be a very useful reference for future searches......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Shure thing Adrian.

As example i added a "good one". Look at the overall detail of the eagle and specialy the legs and the position of them.

This rare order dates to 1934-1937. The design was a change from the 1922-1934 version, and it was changed again to incorporate the swastika in 1937.

Notice the eagle is also larger on the one martin is showing. on the backside you will see the lines look to be "stamped" as on the original one they are much softer formed. also the pin is "off centre" this is not the finish you will expect from such a rare medal.

greetings
    Eddy

note: these are very rare and expensive decorations if you payed less than $ 4000 its for shure a fake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Red Cross Star   Red Cross Star  

?

Thnks Eddy,
    Much appreciated and a useful learning tool.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Nice one Eddy Thats really good info on a rarely seen badge

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks for the pictures. Distinct difference in the little red enamel cross. Hope you also have a comment on this cross.

Red Cross Star  

I'm not entirely sure that the image from snyderstreasures Eddy show is a "good one" Permit me to post some pictures of the book: For Führerand Fatherland Political & Civil Awards of the Thierd Reich by John R. Angolia.

Note the eagle position in front and the round center on the backside of the breast star. The pin is marked "900" for silver. The box should also be in red leather and not blue, if the book is accurate.

Regards
    Martin

Red Cross Star   Red Cross Star  

ww2fotos
    ?

ANYTHING, I REPEAT ANYTHING from Snyder's "Treasures" needs to be looked at with a pound of salt!

Quote by ww2fotos View Post
    ANYTHING, I REPEAT ANYTHING from Snyder's "Treasures" needs to be looked at with a pound of salt!
    Thanks.