Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reflections on a collecting year.

Article about: So, here we are again, almost the end of another collecting year. So, how was it for you? Did you get the pieces you wanted? Miss out on a few? Buy items you didn't envisage getting? Find a

?

Default Reflections on a collecting year.

So, here we are again, almost the end of another collecting year.

So, how was it for you? Did you get the pieces you wanted? Miss out on a few? Buy items you didn't envisage getting? Find a bargain?

For myself I didn't achieve everything I wanted, I didn't get a Flottenkriegsabzeichen as I planned and nor did I add to my Mutterkreuz collection. I did however get some rare Minensuch Kriegsabzeichen and crossed a couple more EK2s off the list. I got a great Officer Schirmmütze which I like alot.

A few unforseen circumstances arose which took some of my collecting budget away and so I also ended up with a new truck and a new dog, both of which I didn't plan on getting.

So here are a few of my collecting highlights, please lets hear about and see yours.......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reflections on a collecting year.   Reflections on a collecting year.  

Reflections on a collecting year.   Reflections on a collecting year.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reflections on a collecting year.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reflections on a collecting year.

Very nice additions, and a very happy looking dog
    Morris

Beautiful dog! Some nice additions there too, I like the cap. It took me a minute to think what I've actually bought this year, but it seems my two additions of significance are these- My first (and likely only!) German weapon, a 1942-dated Walther P38, and another WW2-dated Tokarev to replace an incomplete one I let go of about 4 years ago... back when they were half the price! I'm very happy with it though. As for the P38, I'm still looking for a correct magazine, as it was unfortunately supplied with a P1 magazine. For a student like me, these acquisitions are not bad for one year!

Oh, and this great M17 gas mask as a gift from my friend Luke (rogge16)!

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reflections on a collecting year.   Reflections on a collecting year.  

A bit of a dud year really i got made redundant, found out my Heer and Waffen SS buckles are fake
    On the plus side i finally got my hands on a good Polizei buckle, i've been after one for a few years and the ones i found were way overpriced or rough.

My highlights are; this cased EK1 Spange and building a small SS collection

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Reflections on a collecting year.  Reflections on a collecting year.  Reflections on a collecting year.  Reflections on a collecting year. 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Not as good as I had hoped. Got my man cave somewhat put togeither. Couldn't come to a price on a 1915 Artillery Luger I was offered. and I missed a Colt 1917 revolver with officers dress Holster. The guy wanted way too much. I am hopeful for a great 2013.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

@Adrian, very nice additions all. Love the dog!
    @Mat, sweet P38. I've been wanting one of those but haven't pulled the trigger (literally) on one yet!
    @Gunny, very good Polizei buckle. Sorry to hear about the fakes. All too easy to do in this day and age.
    @Nick, what can I say. When you start a collection you really hit it. That's an impressive SS 'start'.

I managed to acquire an SS buckle, an uncased Spange, a Luftwaffe 2nd model dagger and a few more Ostmedaillen.
    And a Polizei combat helmet. Overall it's been a very good (and somewhat expensive) year.

Nick, that's pretty damn good for a year! I'd like to have an SS insignia collection like that eventually, the only SS piece I have as of now is my Totenkopf, and that was through luck. I need to get a better job! Haha

Mat

Adrian...my year did not bode well, my two cars gave serious trouble, resulting in one being sold for spares or repairs, and the other one having an expensive repair ! I decided to sell my Imperial gear, which raised enough to buy a small run around and contributed a wedge for a newer Mercedes.....and then I invested the rest into my BW/57er collection, five affenjackes and three RK's and a Deutsche Kreuz in Gold ! (and a partridge in a pear tree !) so It turned out to be not a bad year after all ! here's a few of this years pick ups...
    Prost & a Merry Xmas !l....Steve.

Attached Images Attached Images Reflections on a collecting year. 

I've noticed there's quite a few of us from Cheshire on here!...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast