Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reflections on a collecting year.

Article about: So, here we are again, almost the end of another collecting year. So, how was it for you? Did you get the pieces you wanted? Miss out on a few? Buy items you didn't envisage getting? Find a

?

Default Re: Reflections on a collecting year.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Adrian...my year did not bode well, my two cars gave serious trouble, resulting in one being sold for spares or repairs, and the other one having an expensive repair ! I decided to sell my Imperial gear, which raised enough to buy a small run around and contributed a wedge for a newer Mercedes.....and then I invested the rest into my BW/57er collection, five affenjackes and three RK's and a Deutsche Kreuz in Gold ! (and a partridge in a pear tree !) so It turned out to be not a bad year after all ! here's a few of this years pick ups...
    Prost & a Merry Xmas !l....Steve.
    So, to sum up, three RKs and a Mercedes?

That's not a bad year!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reflections on a collecting year.
    P
    Many

I am never sure with threads of this sort because it's in the German orders & decorations section whether my years pick ups are meant to be included. Anyway, I had a very good year collecting in my main interest these days.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

The slant should generally be towards German Orders and Decorations where possible.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

That Malta badge is a great find Jerry!...

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The slant should generally be towards German Orders and Decorations where possible.
    Poor old Jerry...."Not wanted on voyage", as they used to say...........
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    just you, Steve and Nick then.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

For me this was the year I started my collection, I figured im going to get a few key items to represent germany in WW2 and it just kept growing! I filled a display case and then some! Collecting helmets turned into caps, then awards, then documents, it truly is a never ending and evolving hobby, since I have so much now I will simply post photos of the items that I purchased from the classifieds of our fellow forum members, without them and without all of your help I would be lost in this very overwhelming yet fun hobby, thank you all and have a Happy New Year!!!!!!
    Reflections on a collecting year.Reflections on a collecting year.Reflections on a collecting year.
    Reflections on a collecting year.Reflections on a collecting year.Reflections on a collecting year.

for me I have enjoyed the year on here and taking part also still learning after all these years.happy new collecting year ladies and gentlemen.yamass prost cheers sainte,and for you who are down under bottoms up.

?

Reflections on a collecting year.Reflections on a collecting year.Reflections on a collecting year.Reflections on a collecting year.Reflections on a collecting year.Reflections on a collecting year.Reflections on a collecting year.Reflections on a collecting year.Reflections on a collecting year.Reflections on a collecting year.Reflections on a collecting year.
    My year startet very bad...had to start selling parts of my collection...some of the items had been mine for 17 years so it have been a very hard period...but when I look back..there was also good times I got in contakt with relatives to a danish SS officer " I got he´s diary" see picture. I got a pair of Wintertrousers so now I got a complete Fallschirmjager winter uniform. I went to germany on a small trip and found some orders and other nice items.
    I still need to sell stuff so feel free to ask if you look for items .
    Regards Morten
    PS I hope on day to make an E-book on the SS diary

?

It would be interesting to learn of the History of Arentoft if you would like to post it !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast