Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

REICHSNÄHRSTAND MEDAILLE Hessen-Nassau

Article about: I'd appreciate comments on the authenticity of this Reichsnährstand medal, which I am thinking of buying. I was slightly hesitant because the medal seems to have defects on the left wing of

?

Default REICHSNÄHRSTAND MEDAILLE Hessen-Nassau

I'd appreciate comments on the authenticity of this Reichsnährstand medal, which I am thinking of buying.

I was slightly hesitant because the medal seems to have defects on the left wing of the eagle, identical to the example shown by Kevin Grootaers on the forum (https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...nassau-268066/). A third example for sale elsewhere has the same faults on the left hand wing (LANDESBAUERNSCHAFT HESSEN-NASSAU. : REICHSNÄHRSTAND : Deutsches Reich 1933 - 1945 - André Hüsken Militaria). I suppose this could be explained as a defect in the original die but I did wonder if these were all cast from a single damaged original. However, looking at the photograph of the edge of the medal supplied, I'm more inclined to think its a good one. Nonetheless the opinions of more experienced collectors would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Philip

REICHSNÄHRSTAND MEDAILLE Hessen-NassauREICHSNÄHRSTAND MEDAILLE Hessen-NassauREICHSNÄHRSTAND MEDAILLE Hessen-Nassau

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement REICHSNÄHRSTAND MEDAILLE Hessen-Nassau
    P
    Many

?

Cant comment on whether or not its genuine, but interesting medal. Thx for posting.

I would pass on this one , lacks crisp detail .

And is that a @&$@ shown on the goat/sheep?

?

Quote by Australia View Post
    And is that a @&$@ shown on the goat/sheep?
    I do believe it is a Ram - perhaps a unique feature on a TR medal?!

Thanks for the comments. I thought the same about the crispness of the detail. All three examples mentioned in my original post look similar in this respect. It would be a plus to see an example with 'crisp' detail. It is perhaps surprising to be able to find three examples of such an obscure decoration, particular to a single Gau and awarded - I assume - for sheep breeding.

Philip

?

I have obtained some slightly larger images:

REICHSNÄHRSTAND MEDAILLE Hessen-NassauREICHSNÄHRSTAND MEDAILLE Hessen-Nassau

As far as i know these are not faked. Mine comes from the Thomas Bendixen collection.
    I would certainly not pay too much for it. The price Hüsken asks is too expensive.

?

Quote by Kevin Grootaers View Post
    As far as i know these are not faked. Mine comes from the Thomas Bendixen collection.
    I would certainly not pay too much for it. The price Hüsken asks is too expensive.
    Thanks to Kevin Grootaers for his input. The medal I am looking at is not the Hüsken one, which is too much even for a medal with such a fine ram on the reverse. I included the Hüsken link to give another example.

I wonder if KG could say how his medal compares with the one shown in post 5 and whether an in-hand examination shows the detail to what one expect from a die-struck medal? I am assuming that all medals (of this shape) in the TR were die struck rather than cast, although would welcome anyone to correct me if this is not so.

Regards,

Philip

?

I would agree to pass on this one - as noted the detail is missing also in the word Reich the "c" looks like a "e" also the strange feathering in the eagle etc-
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

In all honesty I feel the medal shown is an original, die struck, pre 1945 example of this order. Having said that- my colleagues here bring forth some valid points. It might be difficult to sell this one when the time comes to do so. I would wait for a better executed example- perhaps from a different Region (each one was responsible for its own RNS medals hence such a sharp difference in quality and variety). Going on memory here but both Leipzig and Munchen came out with a fantastic looking medals of this kind and if I am not mistaken are also they most common ones.
    Whatever you choose to do- my best wishes and good luck in your collecting!!

Matt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Gau Ehrenzeichen Collector

?

Thank you to Horst and Matt for the benefit of their experience and well-made points. The price for the example I am looking at isn't too much, so I may go for it, if only to be able to examine it in-hand. The point about each region devising and making their own medals was one that had occurred to me too and it seems that there was a lot of variation - even the design of the RNS eagle seems to vary a lot. I wonder if anyone has published anything useful on Reichsnährstand medals and badges?

Philip

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast