Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Requesting opinions on this Mutterkreuz.

Article about: Hello. I may purchase this mothers cross if it looks ok to the group. It comes with an NSDAP armband that I will post in the correct forum. The armband, in my opinion, is questionable so now

Default Requesting opinions on this Mutterkreuz.

Hello. I may purchase this mothers cross if it looks ok to the group. It comes with an NSDAP armband that I will post in the correct forum. The armband, in my opinion, is questionable so now I'm curious about this Mothers cross. Thank you for any info!
    Requesting opinions on this Mutterkreuz.Requesting opinions on this Mutterkreuz.
    Last edited by Adrian; 04-29-2014 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Requesting opinions on this Mutterkreuz.
    P
    Many

?

This is a fake one, as evidenced by the raised lettering on the backside. Genuine crosses had an incused inscription.

That makes sense. Now that you mention it, I've only had ones with "engraved" words never raised. Thank you!

Are they really faking Mother Crosses ? They are so (relatively) cheap, hardly seems worth the effort to me.

?

Also, the corner rays of the gold sunburst do not extend further than the other rays. The four corners of genuine mother crosses should extend beyond the rays on the sides.

?

Quote by Erno View Post
    This is a fake one, as evidenced by the raised lettering on the backside. Genuine crosses had an incused inscription.
    Completely agree. A fake cross for the reason stated.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Sveimhugi View Post
    Are they really faking Mother Crosses ? They are so (relatively) cheap, hardly seems worth the effort to me.
    Everything is faked I'm afraid even tinnies !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Everything is faked I'm afraid even tinnies !

Nick