Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Ribbon Bar

Article about: I have this medal bar with two miniature iron crosses does the look good or bad. Thanks z4

Default Ribbon Bar

I have this medal bar with two miniature iron crosses does the look good or bad.

Thanks z4
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ribbon Bar  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ribbon Bar
    P
    Many

The minatures both appear to be post war 57 awards. The iron cross has the oak splay and the dates 1939 whilst the WMC shows the date 1939 also. If pre 1945 I would expect a swastica instead of the oak leaves on the EK and instead of the date on the WMC. In short at best I think the bar is war time manufacture with post war medallions attached to jazz it up. I addition I think the ribbon is for the war merit medal as opposed to the war merit cross.

?

I agree with Roger's synopsis. The two miniatures are for the 1957 awards and the ribbons are for an Imperial EK2 and for a Kriegsverdienstmedaille, in which case I wouldn't expect to see a Kriegsverdienstkreuz mounted upon it.

I suggest it is a put together piece and therefore I would not be spending any money on it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

ok thanks for the information, I already own the bar but it came with a job lot.

z4