Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ribbon bar 4

Article about: Hi guys, I can't tell if the eagle device here is silver or gold. Presumably if gold signifies naval service (?) it would have to be silver? My eyes aren't too great, I presume it is silver.

Default Ribbon bar 4

Hi guys,

I can't tell if the eagle device here is silver or gold. Presumably if gold signifies naval service (?) it would have to be silver? My eyes aren't too great, I presume it is silver. This would make more sense with the other two ribbons wouldn't it?

Also the swords on this one are a different length to Ribbon bar 3's war merit cross with swords, is that normal?

Thanks,

Rich.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ribbon bar 4   Ribbon bar 4  

Ribbon bar 4  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ribbon bar 4
    P
    Many

?

The sword length is fine, it does vary.

The ribbons are original but this one has me slightly suspicious in that the ribbons are uneven and seem to taper in size (top to bottom) from left to right. It doesn't look like the ribbons were put on the bar at the same time. Not unusual as the medals were probably awarded at different times but I would think a bar assembled with all three together at the same time as per the length of the rear clasp would have had all ribbons made to match in length.

However, that is just my observation, some of the others may disagree.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The bar looks authentic to me. It looks like a silver eagle - not gold which indicates Heer. NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    The bar looks authentic to me. It looks like a silver eagle - not gold which indicates Heer. NH
    Actually, the color corresponded to that of the medal and solely depended on the grade of the award. The awards and ribbons as such were identical for the army and navy.

HPL2008 - Yes! Thanks for that correction. The long service award was indeed awarded in grades. I only have silver examples in my collection. NH

Different grade = different colour.

Ribbon bar 4