Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ribbon Bars

Article about: Just got this bar from a show , trying to find out what the two ribbons are with the Eagles are maybe police ?

Not a problem to have the two party LS awards together...

Ribbon  Bars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ribbon  Bars
    P
    Many

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Would two long service ribbons be represented? Wouldn't one ribbon supersede the other? NH
    Different regulations applied to the various kinds of long servic awards.
    For example: Holders of the civil service 40- and 25-year Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen were only to wear the higher grade, while two armed forces long service awards could be worn simultaneously (with regulations specifying the combinations to be worn).
    Regulations for the NSDAP long service awards were the most generous, allowing all three grades to be worn simultaneously.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    A ribbon bar representing a member of the military who also was a member of the NSDAP. The order of the awards is correct. Mixture of military and political awards is not unusual.
    Absolutely. For example, this could have been worn by an active member of the NSDAP or one of its uniformed organizations (SA, NSKK etc.) who got called up as a reservist in WW2.

?

Here are two other ones I picked up at the show .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ribbon  Bars   Ribbon  Bars  

The EK device has no business being on the ribbon of the Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen in the last bar...

Top is Luftwaffe long service and the aforementioned Czechoslovakia entry medal with Prague castle bar. Looks OK. Bottom one is war merit medal with swords for military, two long service awards with Heer devices for the army and the so called Westwall medal for work on western defenses. As stated, the iron cross device on the Westwall medal does not belong there. NH

What is the origin of that iron cross device? The only type I have encountered is the de-nazified examples seen on the 1957 ribbon bar. Could it be a stickpin modified to fit on the ribbon bar? Is it a period, non-standard modification or some post war fantasy? NH

?

I believe the Bottom bar is a kriegsmarine ribbon bar it has gold Eagles not silver for the long service awards.

I agree with my learned colleague that the IC does not belong on the West Wast medal. That medal should not have any device attached. It is a post war modification.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

The iron cross was glued on .i don't now why peaple need to alter things like this . Here it is with out the cross
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ribbon  Bars  

The eagles on the long service ribbons are silver not gold as seen in your latest photo. A Heer ribbon bar likely belonging to a rear area individual.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast