Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub Konvolut - but from 1957!

Article about: Hello Members, this Konvolut cames around.I have no informations about the Person and the history of them, a pity but anyway a nice Konvolut! cheers Nikolaus

Default Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub Konvolut - but from 1957!

Hello Members,

this Konvolut cames around.I have no informations about the Person and the history of them, a pity but anyway a nice Konvolut!
    cheers
    Nikolaus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub Konvolut - but from 1957!   Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub Konvolut - but from 1957!  

Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub Konvolut - but from 1957!   Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub Konvolut - but from 1957!  

Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub Konvolut - but from 1957!   Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub Konvolut - but from 1957!  

Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub Konvolut - but from 1957!  
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-30-2011 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub Konvolut - but from 1957!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Knight's cross oak leaves Konvolut - but from 1957!

i like your display!

Nikolas....a nice set, but I think no history to them, I feel that they are quite modern made by Steinhauer and Luck, more for the collector market, in the 1980/90's. The EK I and II are badly made, ill fitting frames, little or no soldering care, no pride in their construction, sloppy painted cores (I doubt they are magnetic), and an almost bead blasted appearance. The German Cross in Gold looks to be a later type with painted red ring (WW2 and early pieces being enamaled). I think the only one with a chance at being an early/mid production piece, is the Eastern front medal as it appears to be well finished. The War merits cross lacks the frosting and polished highlights of an earlier piece....rear shots of all of these pieces would confirm what I have stated.Let see what Adrian thinks. Still original 57er pieces, despite how and when made, I indeed have a couple (KC and EK I) see here.... Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

I think Steve is correct in his observations, the EK1 and EK2 are very modern, I have a couple myself with the poor quality metals and finish. Early EKs are of good quality and often made from left over wartime stock.
    The Ritterkreuz stands a chance of being an earlier piece, a 'B' type core, possibly from the early 1960's but I would like to see some better pics if possible of this piece and also of the KVK. If this fairly complete group came from one person I find it strange that there is no KVK 2nd class in there as well.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Unusual that a Konvolut like this has no history to the individual unfortunatley suggesting that it has been put together,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I agree with the others, the EK's are nothing exciting and are quite modern (look at the cores painted after placement in the frames) and the RK is a 2nd pattern. So all in all, a nice collection for the amateur collector but nothing to get too excited about.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    the RK is a 2nd pattern. So all in all, a nice collection for the amateur collector but nothing to get too excited about.
    Glenn, a little harsh, I fear.....if the RK is an early type "B" then it is worth money as well as very collectable, we need better photographs to confirm our worst fears that thes are mere baubles and trinkets (as they are often called on another site !) especially of the backs. They are still 1957 awards, not reproduction/fakes, and therefore should still hold a place in a collection of 57er's, I have both early and late pieces in my collection, as they show the gradual decline in quality and materials (where have we heard that before ?).
    Prost ! Steve.