Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Russian Front Winter War medal and Mother's Cross in Silver: Authentic pieces?

Article about: Hey, all. I compared this russian front medal with some other authentic examples and I think it's good but I'm not sure. The mother's cross in silver is supposedly "guaranteed authentic

Exclamation Russian Front Winter War medal and Mother's Cross in Silver: Authentic pieces?

Hey, all. I compared this russian front medal with some other authentic examples and I think it's good but I'm not sure. The mother's cross in silver is supposedly "guaranteed authentic" and can be returned but it's being sold by a dealer I am a just a bit skeptical of...he seems to have a mix of good and bad stuff but gurantee it all authentic. He emailed me only these two pictures but I am going to try to get some more of it. What do you think?

Much appreciated!

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian Front Winter War medal and Mother's Cross in Silver: Authentic pieces?   Russian Front Winter War medal and Mother's Cross in Silver: Authentic pieces?  

Russian Front Winter War medal and Mother's Cross in Silver: Authentic pieces?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Russian Front Winter War medal and Mother's Cross in Silver: Authentic pieces?  Russian Front Winter War medal and Mother's Cross in Silver: Authentic pieces? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian Front Winter War medal and Mother's Cross in Silver: Authentic pieces?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Russian Front Winter War medal and Mother's Cross in Silver: Authentic pieces?

I think both medals look good. I like the bubbling to the finish on the Ost medal. The Mutter Kreuz looks like an original however I believe the ribbon could be a repro. The outer white stripe looks wider than the inner, they should be the same width from my experience.

Default Re: Russian Front Winter War medal and Mother's Cross in Silver: Authentic pieces?

I would agree with Adrian's observations.

Cheers, Ade.

Ost looks ok. Stewy S