Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Sport Badge

Article about: I have just started collecting and made this my first purchase. I did research and know what I think but I am interested in what others think. Is it authentic or not? If not why not. Any tho

?

Default SA Sport Badge

I have just started collecting and made this my first purchase. I did research and know what I think but I am interested in what others think. Is it authentic or not? If not why not. Any thoughts on value? Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Sport Badge   SA Sport Badge  

SA Sport Badge   SA Sport Badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Sport Badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Sport Badge

Hi Perry. Welcome to the forum.

Looks like a nice 'Redo' badge. $75 - $80 perhaps,
    but like all TR items, prices keep escalating......
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks Steve,

I got it for well under your $75 estimate so I feel good about it. I saw this in the store and when I researched it I could not find any pictures with this manufacturer. I took a chance and it looks like I did okay. I went on pin and latch design basically. I am wanting to collect and am looking for decent deals but will pay a fair price for items. Thanks again.

nice piece at better than average price....

?

Perry,
    Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting. I don't know much about these badges and I will bow to Robert and Steve's knowledge on them but it seems your first purchase was a good one.
    Please don't hesitate to ask any questions or ask for advice, there are some very experienced and helpful collectors here who will help guide you.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Perry View Post
    Thanks Steve,

I got it for well under your $75 estimate so I feel good about it. I saw this in the store and when I researched it I could not find any pictures with this manufacturer. I took a chance and it looks like I did okay. I went on pin and latch design basically. I am wanting to collect and am looking for decent deals but will pay a fair price for items. Thanks again.
    Under $75 was a good deal for this badge, and from a place that you may
    want to frequent often if the prices continue to be as fair
    or slightly under the average 'going rate'........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks for all the help. I will probably look for a Party pin, wound badge or Eagle cross next. I saw two crosses today one from WWI for $125 and one from WWII for $90. I forget which one was magnetic. This shop has a return policy that if you do not like the item for any reason bring it back within 24 hours. I have talked to other people and they tell me the shop deals in good items. Thanks again for the help.

?

Yeah, I had a nice bronze Redo and just sold it recently for $76.00 on ebay. It looked exactly the same as this one...maybe it is, who knows?Thanks for posting and welcome! Oh, and make sure to post photos here before you buy something you're not sure of. Ive been saved a few times. Good luck on your collecting. checkout the TR sales forum here.
    ~Dean

Quote by Perry View Post
    Thanks for all the help. I will probably look for a Party pin, wound badge or Eagle cross next. I saw two crosses today one from WWI for $125 and one from WWII for $90. I forget which one was magnetic. This shop has a return policy that if you do not like the item for any reason bring it back within 24 hours. I have talked to other people and they tell me the shop deals in good items. Thanks again for the help.
    Well priced WWI EKII's should average $60 to $90, and WWII EKII's
    should be $100 to $125 unmarked - WWII Second Class crosses
    maker marked on the suspension ring should run $140/$150.

Prices can be all over the place sometimes, and it doesn't hurt
    to ask if the seller can do better.........

Best to post potential purchases here on the Forum
    for authenticity.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I did not see any markings on the rings when I looked. The one from WWI had a ribbon that he thought was old but not necessarily original. I will do more research before I buy one. Thanks for the info.