Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SA Sportabzeichen in Silber - Type 1

Article about: Hello my friends !!! Hope you're all doing great ! Passing by here to share this SA Sportabzeichen in Silber - Type 1 I recently added to my collection. In my opinion, one of the most beauti

Default SA Sportabzeichen in Silber - Type 1

Hello my friends !!! Hope you're all doing great !

Passing by here to share this SA Sportabzeichen in Silber - Type 1 I recently added to my collection.

In my opinion, one of the most beautiful badges of the third reich !

Lettering: "Eigentum D. Chefs D. Ausbildungswesens"

Number: 24667

Manufacturer: Bonner Kunst Abzeichenbedarf, Bonn

May I have some knowledge and thoughts from you ? : D

Thank you !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Sportabzeichen in Silber - Type 1   SA Sportabzeichen in Silber - Type 1  

SA Sportabzeichen in Silber - Type 1   SA Sportabzeichen in Silber - Type 1  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Sportabzeichen in Silber - Type 1
    P
    Many

A very nice badge, and agreed one of the most attractive designs of TR era awards. Best regards.

Brian

Hey Brian,

Got a doubt, how do I defer a SA Wehrabzeichen from a SA Sportabzeichen ? It's not that clear to me yet, also mine is a SA Sportabzeichen right ?

Thanks !

Yours is a SA Sportabzeichen the Wehrabzeichen is for war wounded and certainly less often seen. Here's an example from collectors guild for reference, similar design but the wounded veterans version has the horizontal runic symbol towards the end of the sword hilt.

SA Sportabzeichen in Silber - Type 1

The Collector's Guild

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Yours is a SA Sportabzeichen the Wehrabzeichen is for war wounded and certainly less often seen. Here's an example from collectors guild for reference, similar design but the wounded veterans version has the horizontal runic symbol towards the end of the sword hilt. ]
    hmm got it !

So the SA Wehrabzeichen is the same as the same as the "wounded Sports Badge" I thought it was a different thing ...

Thanks again Brian !
    Last edited by FPerseghetti; 08-22-2017 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote by FPerseghetti View Post
    hmm got it !

So the SA Wehrabzeichen is the same as the same as the "wounded Sports Badge" I thought it was a different thing ...

Thanks again Bian !
    The correct name is SA Wehrabzeichen für Kriegsversehrte - SA Military Sports Badge for War Wounded
    Ralph.

Nice Sportabzeichen by the way!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you guys for the contribution !

: D

Excellent photographs too.

Hey guys,

I was wondering here, does someone have some data or information about the numbers on the badge ?

I imagine it was used for control of who was the owner during such period but, can these numbers determine anything else ? Such as the manufacturing year ?

Thanks !

I agree that this is a 1st Issue SA Sport Badge, Silver Grade, though the condition appears to be rough. This is an issued example, meaning that it bears a number; private purchase examples were without numbers.

The 1st and 2nd Issue badges of this series are considered to be "SA Sport Badges," while the 3rd Issue, produced during the war years, was known as "the SA Military Defense Badge." The 'war wounded' version of this badge was also of the same name: "the SA Military Defense Badge for War Wounded."

Cheers,

Br. James