Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA sports badge - good or bad?

Article about: Hi, all. Is this piece authentic or fake? Thanks, Adam

Default Re: SA sports badge - good or bad?

Very nice Ade, thanks for reposting

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA sports badge - good or bad?
    P
    Many

Hal
    ?

Guys, would like to add one more for reference. Best, Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA sports badge - good or bad?   SA sports badge - good or bad?  

Thanks again you guys, I don't have one of these yet, but I sure have a quick place to come look to compare when I do. The variety of these nice authentic badges should go a long way!

Jay

Have a look here:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...99/#post130387

Just posted this info that you might also find interesting!

Cheers!

Rob

Exclamation Re: SA sports badge - good or bad?

Hey, guys. So after seeing your authentic presentations here, I saw this badge in a local shop and it looked good. Only thing is it was $25 USD so I am not sure if it's a repro. I think it looks like one in the set Rob posted. What do you think...good or bad?

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA sports badge - good or bad?   SA sports badge - good or bad?  

SA sports badge - good or bad?  

I think that's a pretty good deal for $25! The badge looks authentic...not sure if the pin was re-attached with a soldering gun? But that could also be period done. Hard to tell.
    Good luck!
    Rob

I went back to that shop and that one I saw for $25 was gone...should've picked it up while I had the chance! I saw these other two badges for sale online. After comparing, I think they are both original pieces and can add to the examples shown in this thread. I was thinking about getting one of these pieces, perhaps the first, gold REDO one. What do you all think?

Best,
    Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images SA sports badge - good or bad?  SA sports badge - good or bad?  SA sports badge - good or bad?  SA sports badge - good or bad? 

Question Re: SA sports badge - good or bad?

These are two more that I saw online. I am pretty sure the 1st one is original, however I believe the 2nd more golden one might be a fake/repro. Viewing the 2nd badge from the front, it seems that the ribbon on the left side is misshapened where the swastika meets the laurel. It also looks like the swastika is wrong in this same spot where they meet as the edge is at a slight diagonal angle. Maybe it's just the picture, but the blade also looks slightly deformed, not as crisp and straight as it should?

Are either of these pieces authentic? I am curious as to other people's evaluation and checking out my own as I learn to be more discerning.

Thanks!
    -Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images SA sports badge - good or bad?  SA sports badge - good or bad?  SA sports badge - good or bad?  SA sports badge - good or bad? 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2