Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A sad day....

Article about: Hey guys, haven't posted in a while due to it being my final year of school and I have been studying like crazy. Anyway as it gets closer to graduation it is also getting closer to my moving

Default A sad day....

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while due to it being my final year of school and I have been studying like crazy. Anyway as it gets closer to graduation it is also getting closer to my moving date, however due to a lack of money it seems as though I'm going to have to sell a lot of my collection... A sad day in my collection hobby, upon this problem I would like to know the best way to sell material for the best price possible, I'm not keen on selling online are there any other ways?

Thanks a lot,
    Caleb

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A sad day....
    P
    Many

Trying to sell anything that is not online is difficult to say the least. Try posting here - you have a captive audience interested in what you may have to sell. BTW - best of British on the exams at the end of the year!

[Oops - sorry for the spelling]

Cheers

Quote by Allegra View Post
    Trying to sell anything that is not online is difficult to say the least. Try posting here - you have a captive audience interested in what you may have to sell. BTW - best of British on the exams at the end of the year!

Cheers
    I couldn't agree more!
    It even might give you a chance to get it back later, when graduated and earning big!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I'm gutted about having to sell it at all, it has taken me years to get to where I am now... Thanks for the advice anyway guys!

Caleb.

I understand you! I ve been there before, sold a more then ten years collection in the early 80' ties, and I just started again only a few years ago!
    And it will take me a while to get that collection back ( because of the difference in prices!!;-)) But I am enjoying it just as I did back then.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

sold my collections 3times over the years,always good to start again after a break.best wishes on exam.

I'm working on my 4th collection, friend...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Sorry to hear of your predicament Caleb, not an easy decision I know.

To get the best price I advise selling it here on the forum or to trusted acquaintances you have met here privately. Selling to a dealer you will get a much lower price than you expect as they will offer you rock bottom prices as they obviously need to make a profit on the resale.

You can sell pieces to collectors here who know the dealer prices and therefore know the top end prices. They will want to pay less than that of course but it will be significantly more than if you were to sell to a dealer.

Unfortunately selling online is your best option to reach a wide audience of people who will want to buy your items.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I think Adrian has summed it up correctly.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!