Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Scarce marked Weidmann Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.

Article about: Here's another relatively scarce Minesweeper badge, a marked Wiedmann. This maker only made their Minesweepers in zinc but can be found with variant hinges, the one below and also the more t

?

Default Scarce marked Weidmann Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.

Here's another relatively scarce Minesweeper badge, a marked Wiedmann. This maker only made their Minesweepers in zinc but can be found with variant hinges, the one below and also the more typical Wiedmann 'lily pad' type

Marked with the "UU" mark which is correct for this maker this example retains much of the dark gilt finish to the wreath with the waterspout showing heavy patina.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scarce marked Weidmann Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.   Scarce marked Weidmann Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.  

Scarce marked Weidmann Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.   Scarce marked Weidmann Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.  

Scarce marked Weidmann Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 08-20-2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Typo.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Scarce marked Weidmann Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Scarce marked Weidmann Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.

Nice and hard to find badge Adrian, congrats!

?

Default Re: Scarce marked Weidmann Kriegsabzeichen für Minesuch - Sicherungsverbände.

Thanks János,

This was the first and only one I've seen for sale by this maker so jumped on it straight away! Two rare Minesweepers in as many weeks!

It certainly is an impressive badge. Very nice find!

Regards

?

Thank you Ingrid!

Not the shiniest or best looking badge in the collection but a worthy addition due to the scarcity of this maker.

Nice find, Adrian. Glad you picked this one up.

Luke

?

Just as a small update, this badge has a replaced pin. Norm F has identified it and it makes sense so many thanks to him. Original Weidmann pins are a little thicker and not quite as long. While this is most likely a wartime replacement it should be noted for future reference.

Congratulations on adding this one to your collection Adrian!
    As I had no family in the Kriegsmarine, I don't much follow their awards. I have one made by Schwerin that I will post on it's own thread at a later date.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)