Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Schützenschnur real or fake?

Article about: Hello folks, I know near to nothing about German stuff (except for firearms) but am trying to expand. I have found a few decorations at an antique shop not far away. I only have one picture

IMO I believe at $139 this piece is quite overpriced. Especially given the condition. I see close to mint, original versions of these going for $95. Very fine examples are available at that price (no I am not the seller). I will post a few pics but on my phone right now and the pics are on the computer. Stay tuned. Hopefully I can post pics tomorrow and if you're interested I can PM the link.

Cheers!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schützenschnur real or fake?
    P
    Many

Quote by trespass View Post
    IMO I believe at $139 this piece is quite overpriced. Especially given the condition. I see close to mint, original versions of these going for $95. Very fine examples are available at that price (no I am not the seller). I will post a few pics but on my phone right now and the pics are on the computer. Stay tuned. Hopefully I can post pics tomorrow and if you're interested I can PM the link.

Cheers!
    Actually, I have not seen one photo of the whole lanyard to make a fair assessment of the condition of the rest of it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I haven’t taken a photo of the whole lanyard. The rest of the lanyard is in the condition as the portion in the third picture and there are no acorns on the end. I can take a picture if the entire piece the next time I’m at the shop if y’all would like to see. The seller has dropped the price by $20. I’m not really looking for an appraisal but I appreciate the feedback fellas. I probably won’t purchase if it is overpriced and can’t get it down anymore

I am not so sure there are not repro's of the shield. A pic of the back is critical in making any opinion. You should not see prongs coming through. Looks like the first version of the award. I would not pay more than $50 to $75 (near mint). I saw a lot of these recently at a show, not a hard item to buy. Buying at the right price is what you want to do in this hobby.

Quote by War Medals View Post
    I am not so sure there are not repro's of the shield. A pic of the back is critical in making any opinion. You should not see prongs coming through. Looks like the first version of the award.
    It is not the first version of this award.
    The two on the left in this photo are the first version.
    There are also two variants of the 2nd version. You need to read through some of the info posted in my thread.
    My small collection of Schützenschnur
    Ralph.

Schützenschnur real or fake?
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph, I stand corrected it is a second version not a first. Can I claim it is the first version of the second stamping of these badges. Here in US 6 months of most gun shows have been cancelled, therefore no new purchases.

Stay safe

John

Thanks a lot for all the info on what to look for fellas, and for the general price range as a guide. Y'all answered all my questions and saved me some dollars! Much appreciated! Great collection you have there Ralph.

John, the prongs do not stick through the back so I guess its a good piece just with the shield being a little on the dark side the rest of the piece is in very nice shape but I'll pass on her and keep looking for a better one with a fairer price.

Thanks again!

Here are a some pictures of Schützenschnur that are priced at $90. I think I might buy them ;-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schützenschnur real or fake?   Schützenschnur real or fake?  

Schützenschnur real or fake?   Schützenschnur real or fake?  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2