Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen & flotten-kreigsabzeichen

Article about: Hi what are your thoughts on these badges the fleet badge has 5 windows the other badge looks like its marked 65 ?? thank you for your time and help Tony - - Updated - - the other badge than

?

Default Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen & flotten-kreigsabzeichen

Hi
    what are your thoughts on these badges
    the fleet badge has 5 windows the other badge looks like its marked 65 ??
    thank you for your time and help
    Tony

- - Updated - -

the other badge
    thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen & flotten-kreigsabzeichen   Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen & flotten-kreigsabzeichen  

Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen & flotten-kreigsabzeichen   Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen & flotten-kreigsabzeichen  

Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen & flotten-kreigsabzeichen   Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen & flotten-kreigsabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen & flotten-kreigsabzeichen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen & flotten-kreigsabzeichen

Hi, i'm not keen on the high seas fleet badge as the pin on a schwerin should have a slight curve to it and this one is straight.That said it looks as though the hardwear has been replaced as there look like "heat" marks around there application.

h s f badge looks ok,I dont like the sboat one,it looks like it might bend and its pitted.

Where are the Schwerin 'Die Flaws'??? I don't like the HSF badge at all...nothing looks correct on it. The S-Boat looks cast to me.

These are my opinions though.

Chrys

?

Hi
    here are a few pics of the pin on the hsf badge
    thanks again
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen & flotten-kreigsabzeichen   Schnellboot-kriegsabzeichen & flotten-kreigsabzeichen  

Ah yes, i can see the curve now,that looks much better,thanks for adding these pictures!

?

The Schnellboot badge is a fake. Cast and with a makers mark never found on originals.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I would pass on both...The E Boat is a crude cast fake and the High Seas Fleet looks to, in the very least, have had some sort of catch replacement or repair and the detailing of the ship is very soft. Both would get a
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I apologize for my poor grammer on my first post,i was out all night on the beer!!Anyhow about the HIGH SEAS FLEET BADGE.On having a closer look minus my blurred vision it does not have the crisp detail a schwerin produced badge would show.The reverse also does not show the deep curved depression you would like to see which most schwerin badges exhibit.The heat marks as i first mentioned around the hardware is also something i have never seen on an original schwerin.All in all i would give it a miss.

?

Hi
    thank you all for the help on these badges
    I learned alot
    Tony