Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Schwerin Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen

Article about: Another medal being offered to me. The reverse looks ok compared to other examples here but not sure about the obverse. Any thoughts? Only pics I have for now. I know its not a great head on

MAP
    ?

Will see what he is asking. I could always swap out a minty one at a later time as it is much hard come come across the mounts
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schwerin Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen
    P
    Many

Quote by Jody View Post
    Hello,
    I would pass if the finish is gone. Those medals look best when minty.

Jody
    Any badge looks good when it is minty Jody.

I'll take a beat up and worn example of a HSK award anyday if it came with provenance from the crewman that wore it.

Regards,Martin.

Good to see your on a buying spree Michael (don't tell the wife!), the award looks fine to me also, a nice Schwerin piece. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Good to see your on a buying spree Michael (don't tell the wife!), the award looks fine to me also, a nice Schwerin piece. Leon.
    A bit, just a bit...

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

"Any badge looks good when it is minty Jody.

I'll take a beat up and worn example of a HSK award anyday if it came with provenance from the crewman that wore it.

Regards,Martin. "

Hi Martin,
    I agree, I was referring to a parade mounted 10 year NSDAP Party medal, I would not want one if the finish is gone, there are too many around with nice finishes.

Jody

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Will see what he is asking. I could always swap out a minty one at a later time as it is much hard come come across the mounts
    Hello,
    Myself, I never try to upgrade, I always get the nicest example I can afford at the time and move on. I find that if you buy something not as nice you end up keeping it or losing money on it. That is just my philosophy.

Jody

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jody View Post
    Hello,
    Myself, I never try to upgrade, I always get the nicest example I can afford at the time and move on. I find that if you buy something not as nice you end up keeping it or losing money on it. That is just my philosophy.

Jody
    Agree with you Jody.....but this is not always a rational hobby LoL!

Thanks!

M

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Agree with you Jody.....but this is not always a rational hobby LoL!

Thanks!

M
    Hello,
    This hobby pays off if you are careful and take your time. Keep in mind most of this stuff is not all that rare (regardless of what dealers are trying to get for it). It pays to save your pennies and buy the piece that helps showcase your collection and makes you proud to own it.

I never went the filler route unless it was dirt cheap, with one exception, and that exception was back in 1977 I bought for $50 a super nice FLL Pilot/Observer badge in tombac. The problem it was missing its pin and catch, it still had the block hinge. I used it as a filler until a got a mint cased example and I sold the filler for $475 in 1982. So in that case I made money. Most cases you do not.

Jody

MAP
    ?

Your a better man than I! Much more self control. But to be honest I generally follow your approach.

Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2