Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sliver swastikas?

Article about: My dad has 2 small silver swatikas and i have seen them and he is german and i was wondering did they give sliver swatikas to german soilders or what. no hes not a nazi but i think they my h

Default Re: Sliver swastikas?

I hate to be the nay-sayer, but if you enlarge the photo, the swastika looks rather crudely made. I think it's simply something that someone made in a home shop, possibly with the intention of making some sort of jewelry item. I'm no expert, but it doesn't look to me to be something the German government handed out to soldiers. Dwight

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sliver swastikas?
    P
    Many

I think something like this was intended. Unfinished piece IMO. A nice little thing though.

Even if it were an unfinished stick pin, these were not given to soldiers.

Stickpins - or lapel pins - were privately purchased by people to wear
    to show their support of a particular group or cause.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

o ok thats what i wanted to know. Yesterday i was puting it back and found some SS stuff one was a four year medel so some one was a nazi in my family. kinda ***** i hate thee nazi ideals but they looked cool

Please, if you could post these other things, we can give you an idea if they are
    genuine or not. If these items are a part of your families history, you should
    respect that. Don't get caught up in the belief that everyone was a
    'die-hard' Nazi during this period, or that they were all 'bad'.

Swastika's and runes were just the symbols of the German Nation and
    the ideals of a select group at that time. Some followed faithfully,
    while others had no choice. I once knew a former WWII German
    soldier who described it in this way: "I was all for it,
    yet I was all against it....."

Sometimes we have to accept what our government dictates.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Korey: Walkwolf (Steve) is right. Just because a man fought for Germany in WWII, or was decorated for his actions in the war, doesn't make him a Nazi, and even if he was a Nazi, it doesn't mean he was "bad." I had relatives who fought on both sides in WWII, and one who was a member of the NSDAP. Another relative was an American in the RAF and another was a fighter pilot aboard the USS Saratoga. Walkwolf is right that you should honor you family history. Dwight

?

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    Korey: Walkwolf (Steve) is right. Just because a man fought for Germany in WWII, or was decorated for his actions in the war, doesn't make him a Nazi, and even if he was a Nazi, it doesn't mean he was "bad." I had relatives who fought on both sides in WWII, and one who was a member of the NSDAP. Another relative was an American in the RAF and another was a fighter pilot aboard the USS Saratoga. Walkwolf is right that you should honor you family history. Dwight
    Well said!

?

o they are very real im positive he showed me the old papers that looked like they were about to fall apart plus multiple medels. ill see if i can seek some photos i dont know where he puts them but ill try! and yes i know they werent all bad just soilders defending there country

?

btw "people should not be scared of the government the government should be scared of the people" idk where i heard that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2