Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Something from Russia, for German medals/awards.

Article about: Ipicked these up a number of years ago and just put them away in a draw and there they remained until a few days ago. I got them from a chap who used to travel to the Crimean battlefields lo

Default Something from Russia, for German medals/awards.

Ipicked these up a number of years ago and just put them away in a draw and there they remained until a few days ago. I got them from a chap who used to travel to the Crimean battlefields looking for British buttons and badges. He appeared one day with bunles of what he said was German paperwork from a Russian archive. I took some of it but moved it on a while later as it was not my sort of thing. Now I have refound these 2 pieces I would be interested to know what you guys think. I have big reservations over them now I see them again. There is just something that I don't like. I cannot put a finger on it but they just seem wrong. I would be surprised if anyone came back and said they were real, but has anyone seen anything like this or know what they purport to be. Any info on them would be much appreciated. I put them in here as they seem to relate to awards.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Attached Images Attached Images Something from Russia, for German medals/awards.  Something from Russia, for German medals/awards. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Something from Russia, for German medals/awards.
    P
    Many

I would love to know the translations on these.

I like the look of them

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The first one is an Adolf Hitler quote;
    Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.

Im not sure about the second one.

The 2nd is a military oath.

I would say they have something to do with the eastern volunteers in the German army.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    I would say they have something to do with the eastern volunteers in the German army.
    Harry is right. They are for Eastern Slavic volunteers of the German army.

Hi,
    Yes, I thought so myself. But the big question is, are they original and has anyone seem anything similar before.
    D.

Not sure on originality, but ones for the ISA & the other is an Ostvolk medal. Stewy

?

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    I cannot put a finger on it but they just seem wrong.
    Nowadays I would never trust that one who says- an item is from Russian archive.

Interesting that no one has seen them before or knows them to be fakes as such. I would expect there to be large quantities of them floating around if they had just been produced. Even so I am still erring on the side of caution. I do not like them, and nothing is being put forward to convince me otherwise.
    All the best,
    D