Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Souvenirs from Crete 1976

Article about: These are fakes right? Bought them in Crete as a young boy

Jan
    ?

Default Souvenirs from Crete 1976

These are fakes right? Bought them in Crete as a young boy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Souvenirs from Crete 1976   Souvenirs from Crete 1976  

Souvenirs from Crete 1976   Souvenirs from Crete 1976  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Souvenirs from Crete 1976
    P
    Many

Default Re: Souvenirs from Crete 1976

yes Jan, rather crude copy's

Hi Jan,they're both cast fakes sorry. You can see the pitting on both awards. Stewy

Jan
    ?

Yeah thought so, but I was young and crazy back then... now I´m old and crazy

Quote by Jan View Post
    Yeah thought so, but I was young and crazy back then... now I´m old and crazy
    Join the club,Jan . Kiitos,Stewy

SS Ring Man
    ?

The so called pitting is do to the fact as the molton metal cool's air pockets form and burst leaveing the pitting.Most of theas are dunn in a spin caster that try's to force metal and air inwords to the open cavity and as the air is forced out the molton metal fills the cavity.The metal cools and set up and as it does what air is still traped burst out and tinny holes form.This is a tell tail sign of spin casting not what you would find in the type of awards were made in German at the time of the war.

Quote by SS Ring Man View Post
    The so called pitting is do to the fact as the molton metal cool's air pockets form and burst leaveing the pitting.Most of theas are dunn in a spin caster that try's to force metal and air inwords to the open cavity and as the air is forced out the molton metal fills the cavity.The metal cools and set up and as it does what air is still traped burst out and tinny holes form.This is a tell tail sign of spin casting not what you would find in the type of awards were made in German at the time of the war.
    couldn't have put it better myself

Hi Jan

I've seem to have totaly missed this thread. I can only concur with the others, I'am sorry...

Greetz

Nick VR

Found today whilst out metal detecting. Not seen this one before.

Souvenirs from Crete 1976