Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 opinons please

Article about: There is not alot of detail on this Prague bar, what do you think please ? Thanks for your help Nick

Default Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 opinons please

There is not alot of detail on this Prague bar, what do you think please ?

Thanks for your help

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 opinons please   Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 opinons please  

Last edited by Adrian; 07-27-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 opinons please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Prague bar opinons please

Not too clued up on these bars, but not seeing any blatant red flags Nick. Does it have two triangular prongs on the back?

Tom

Hello, the detail does look a bit soft but the style of mounting to the medals is as you would expect so it makes me think that the bar is possibly a latter addition. It's wear and corrosion look a little heavier than the medals. All that said it could just be a late soft "strike" from when the die has become worn.

Thanks for your comments guys, these are dealer pics so cant see the reverse of the bar unfortunately

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I would ask for some reverse pics and the bar attachment before pulling the trigger on this one Nick.

The Schinkel EK2 and medal are obviously good but get confirmation on the bar to make sure it isn't a more recent addition.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Will do, thanks Adrian

Nick

A closer pic of the obverse, the dealer Klaus B is reluctant to remove it for a reverse shot but says it has the two wide prongs

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 opinons please 

Nothing wrong with this bar-looks great. The first photos were simply poor, is all. This is a good piece.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you William

Nick

The back of the bar looks fine

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 opinons please   Spange zur Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 opinons please  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast