Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Spanien Kreuz fake?

Article about: I found this on Craig's list. I assume it is fake but thought I would check anyway. Photos are not the best.

?

Default Spanien Kreuz fake?

I found this on Craig's list. I assume it is fake but thought I would check anyway. Photos are not the best.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanien Kreuz fake?   Spanien Kreuz fake?  

Spanien Kreuz fake?   Spanien Kreuz fake?  

Last edited by Adrian; 03-29-2014 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanien Kreuz fake?
    P
    Many

Fake !

?

Quote by Australia View Post
    Fake !
    Can you give reasons why?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

How anyone can determine the originality of that badge, by the photos supplied is beyond me.......Unless it's my eyes that are out of focus

?

No expert on these...But the case looks to be rather old.. & what has happened to the back of the award? it looks to have been sprayed on the front & some of the colour missing at the back.. Just what I see!!. With that info & the cost of these awards I would hang on until some somebody who knows these awards can say different...Cheers Terry.

You're gonna need better pic's. Period. For what it's worth, the catch looks a little suspect but i'll wait until they're forthcoming.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Not in love with it I have to say but simply yelling 'fake' I find to be very poor form.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Not in love with it I have to say but simply yelling 'fake' I find to be very poor form.
    Agreed. This isn't the WAF you know....
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I asked the seller for better photos that are in focus. But I won't be holding my breath on them. I have found that when someone is selling items and the photos are out of focus that they are usually trying to hide something. The price he asking $400 which may also be a give away that it is fake or one hell of a deal.

I have never handled a legitimate Spanien Kreuz so I am posting this to learn from the more experienced collectors here.

Thank you for your input.

Quote by Hummel View Post
    I asked the seller for better photos that are in focus. But I won't be holding my breath on them. I have found that when someone is selling items and the photos are out of focus that they are usually trying to hide something. The price he asking $400 which may also be a give away that it is fake or one hell of a deal.

I have never handled a legitimate Spanien Kreuz so I am posting this to learn from the more experienced collectors here.

Thank you for your input.
    If genuine, and I don't know if it is, the case alone would be around $400 and the award anything between $1200-$1500+ at least. Whaddaya think about that??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast