Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Spanienkreuz

Article about: Can anyone help me identify this badge and its value please. Thank you.

Default Further pictures

Hope these are better pictures thank you.SpanienkreuzSpanienkreuzSpanienkreuzSpanienkreuzSpanienkreuzSpanienkreuz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanienkreuz
    P
    Many

Just a few more pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanienkreuz   Spanienkreuz  

Spanienkreuz  

Yes, an unmarked Schickle and a nice piece to own, don't be tempted to clean it though!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

CBH
    ?

Congratulations , I'm glad to see it proved to be an original .

Agreed-an original unmarked Bronze Grade with Swords Schickle. It almost looks to have been in a fire at one time or another in it's life. Many soldiers would throw their awards into bonfires before surrendering, to avoid the enemy from taking them. Thankfully, this one may have been snatched out in time! I like the pronounced vaulting to it too-very nice to see. Spanish Crosses are very desirable and definitely worth hanging on to. I agree too that you should not attempt to pretty it up-the aging on it is just fine the way it is. Value wise? Take a quick swing around the various dealers who carry such awards, and you'll see it's abit difficult to put a dollar mark on, but you'll never see one for under $500...but keep in mind, that these prices are what the dealers are Selling them for. If they are Buying them, they generally give about half their selling prices. If you're looking to sell it, I would advise that you'd likely do better by listing it for sale Here in the Classifieds. Collectors doing direct sales and avoiding the dealers and their overhead costs usually do much better.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2