Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Spanienkreuz in Bronze

Article about: Hello everyone, Been looking at this unmarked tomback Spanish Cross with swords in bronze. I have yet to get a reference book on these so a bit out of my element. However from my research he

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    No. Not yet. I'm in Philly on a mini get a way with the wife and kids.
    Thanks!!!!
    I hope that you hooked up with Larry this time.

Great grouping Michael
    Semper Fi
    Phil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanienkreuz in Bronze
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I hope that you hooked up with Larry this time.

Great grouping Michael
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    lol...tried to but he took his wife to Lancaster (aka Amish) country...

We'll be back so will try again.

m
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    And a "few more"...

Spanish Cross in Bronze without Swords - 7869
    Spanish Cross in Silver without Swords - 327
    Spanish Cross in Gold without Swords - 1126
    Spanish Cross in Bronze with Swords - 8462
    Spanish Cross in Silver with Swords - 8304
    Spanish Cross in Gold with Swords - 1126
    Spanish Cross in Gold with Swords and Diamonds- 28
    Yeah...that ain't happening...lol

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    You are in for a treat! The size, weight and details (5 swastikas, 4 eagles and 2 swords) makes for a visually exciting award. You will not be disappointed!
    Well Glenn,

It arrived in the mail today. You are right. This is an absolutely stunning award. Quite a bit larger than and EK but at the same time surprisingly delicate and what I would say "light" in the hand. A real pleasure. The condition of the medal is close to mint as you can get with just the right amount of patina. All details are still very sharp and crisp with just a bit of minor wear on eagles head (and this only under a 40x loop)

I debated about buying this set for many months as it sat on the site. But I am more than 100% satisfied. The award documents are in fantastic shape and the La Medalla de la Campana looks like it was made yesterday.

I'm sure both of these medals and documents were awarded and stuck in a draw out of sight and untouched for many years.

Regards,

Michael

P.S. - no new pictures as I think the ones posted here are better than my camera can produce but will be happy to take more of specific parts of the medal if anyone wishes.

Quote by MAP View Post
    I would say "light" in the hand.
    Hi Michael, are you able to weigh your award accurately? I had the impression my example was kind of heavy. If I remember to, i'll slip mine on the wife's digital kitchen scales and report a reading.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Hi Michael, are you able to weigh your award accurately? I had the impression my example was kind of heavy. If I remember to, i'll slip mine on the wife's digital kitchen scales and report a reading.
    Oh it's heavy, but it "feels" light in the hand. Unfortunately the only scale I have is the one in the bathroom. Don't think that will work (it never tells me the truth when I get on it).

Haha! I did get my example on the digital scales and it came in at 30g (doesn't go into decimal places these scales, baking cakes obviously isn't that much of a precise science)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3