Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish Blue Division Medal (Original Post War issue or Fake??)

Article about: HI, I know that this particular medal is not from ww2 period. It comes with a modern ribbon tha glows under the black light. What i would like to know is if it's a modern replacement made/is

Default Spanish Blue Division Medal (Original Post War issue or Fake??)

HI,
    I know that this particular medal is not from ww2 period.
    It comes with a modern ribbon tha glows under the black light.
    What i would like to know is if it's a modern replacement made/issued by the spanish government to veterans or a fake medal to suply the market???
    Regards

Fabio
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish Blue Division Medal (Original Post War issue or Fake??)   Spanish Blue Division Medal (Original Post War issue or Fake??)  

Spanish Blue Division Medal (Original Post War issue or Fake??)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish Blue Division Medal (Original Post War issue or Fake??)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Spanish Blue Division Medal (Original Post War issue or Fake??)

I choose B)fake medal to supply the market.

FABIO..............CHECK ORDERS AND DECORATIONS ......."TOPIC"..............BADGES ARE THEY ORIGINAL..............PAGE 5......................Dave H

Thanks SADolch,
    I read that topic and also another one i found.
    Comparing to others displayed on those topics, mine looks a COPY.
    The lack of details, mainly on the Feathers and the Iron Cross frame, are the reasons i think that.
    But, since the Spanish companies (Egana and Diaz) continued to manufacture this medal....
    Am i right on my conclusion or it could be a original later issue??? That could explain the lack o details.
    I'm confused!

Fabio...the medal you show is an original but a post war Spanish Government replacement....there are no fakes/copies of this award. The difference between early and late versions is in the claws.....early awards there was a space between the claws, the later ones, like yours did not. These later awards are not considered reproductions as the Spanish Government sanctioned them, however the initial run versions (as shown below) are more desirable.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish Blue Division Medal (Original Post War issue or Fake??)  

Bringing this old thread back up to clear up a slight mis-understaning on these. There are:

1) Wartime made examples.
    2) Official Post war Veterans replacements.
    3) Outright fakes made to fool collectors

This one is actually an outright fake. It is very poorly cast and not die struck. Look at the badly painted Iron Cross, not enameled like it should be and the very poor rendition of the words "Rusia 1941" .

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!