Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sprendlingen1936 silver medal?

Article about: I spoke to soon. There is a break. Sorry Doug

Default Sprendlingen1936 silver medal?

Anybody ever seen one like this? Got a clue what it is for? Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sprendlingen1936 silver medal?   Sprendlingen1936 silver medal?  

Last edited by Adrian; 05-16-2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Pictures rotated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sprendlingen1936 silver medal?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Sprendlingen1936 silver medal?

Hi Doug,
    Craig Gottlieb has one as reference on his site: Kreisfest medal.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Jees, This is the very same medal. Ribbon is folded exactly like it. Can't be anything else. Boy, does this stuff go around the world. Thanks. Got a clue as to value? I got it off a vendor at the Ventura, California show a couple of weeks ago on a trade for some bayonets. Doug

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hi Doug,
    Craig Gottlieb has one as reference on his site: Kreisfest medal.

?

Quote by DerKerl View Post
    Jees, This is the very same medal. Ribbon is folded exactly like it. Can't be anything else. Boy, does this stuff go around the world. Thanks. Got a clue as to value? I got it off a vendor at the Ventura, California show a couple of weeks ago on a trade for some bayonets. Doug
    You're right Doug, same patina and everything! I've no idea of the value, I've never seen one for sale. Any clue as to what you paid?

Just in case the link gets taken off Gottlieb's site, this is what he says about it:

'A semi official award, this might have been for a marksmanship event at the Kreisfest held in May, 1936 at Sprendlingen. The obverse features an impressively eagle's head and wing, with outstanding details and a great, stern expression. The eagle is superimposed over a sunburst and swastika, and is wreathed with oakleaves around the perimeter. The reverse features the wording 'III. Kreisfest Kreis Frankfurt a.M., Sprendlingen, 24. 5. 1936'. The letters 'S.M. IV' are in the center surrounded by an oak leaf and laurel leaf wreath. It's likely that the SM stands for Schützen Meisterschaft or something similar, as sport and marksmanship contests were always held at the rallies. The piece is silver or silver plated, judging by the lovely patinated finish, but I don't see any markings. The award retains its original silk black/white/red ribbon. I've never seen another award like this one and it's in overall near mint condition. An impressive and beautifully struck decoration.'

KSH
    ?

Quote by DerKerl View Post
    A very nice unusual medal It is probably not worth that much despite its relative rarity, but I personally would be thrilled to have such a TR " local curiosity" in my collection. It is definitely the same medal as on Gottliebs site. Small world.

- Kenneth

I think I allowed a couple hundred bucks in trade value for my bayonets on this one. I kind of like stuff I have never seen before. Doug

Quote by Adrian View Post
    You're right Doug, same patina and everything! I've no idea of the value, I've never seen one for sale. Any clue as to what you paid?

Just in case the link gets taken off Gottlieb's site, this is what he says about it:

'A semi official award, this might have been for a marksmanship event at the Kreisfest held in May, 1936 at Sprendlingen. The obverse features an impressively eagle's head and wing, with outstanding details and a great, stern expression. The eagle is superimposed over a sunburst and swastika, and is wreathed with oakleaves around the perimeter. The reverse features the wording 'III. Kreisfest Kreis Frankfurt a.M., Sprendlingen, 24. 5. 1936'. The letters 'S.M. IV' are in the center surrounded by an oak leaf and laurel leaf wreath. It's likely that the SM stands for Schützen Meisterschaft or something similar, as sport and marksmanship contests were always held at the rallies. The piece is silver or silver plated, judging by the lovely patinated finish, but I don't see any markings. The award retains its original silk black/white/red ribbon. I've never seen another award like this one and it's in overall near mint condition. An impressive and beautifully struck decoration.'

Default 127 on ring?

Sprendlingen1936 silver medal?Just noticed a 127 on the ring. Got a clue on that one? Doug

?

'127' is the PKZ number for Moritz Hausch. Is the ring complete ie: no breaks in it?

No breaks. Thanks Doug

?

Then it's very likely the original ring and by this maker. I don't believe I've seen this maker's mark before. There is a theory about an EK2 being made by this company but no marked examples have been found so it's good to see a '127' makers mark even if it's not on an EK2.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast